Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

My first two Fantasy drafts....

This first one was from Sanjay's crazy 2 quarter back, 3 points per reception league:

Starters:

QB - Tony Romo

QB - Matthew Stafford

RB - Maurice Jones-Drew

RB - Ryan Grant

WR - Calvin Johnson

WR - Miles Austin

TE - Tony Gonzalez

W/R - Ryan Matthews

R/W/T - Steve Smith (CAR)

K - Phil Dawson

DEF/ST - New York Giants

Backups:

QB - Donovan McNabb

RB - Rashad Jennings

RB - James Starks

RB - Danny Woodcock

WR - Malcolm Floyd

WR - Lance Moore

WR - Steve Smith (PHI)

TE - Brent Celek

And this is my roster for my team in BC's league that we had the draft for last night:

Starters:

QB - Tom Brady

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Felix Jones

WR - Reggie Wayne

WR - Marques Colston

W/R - Ryan Grant

K - Stephen Gostkowski

DEF/ST - New York Giants

Backups:

QB - Donovan McNabb

RB - Reggie Bush

RB - James Starks

RB - Javon Ringer

RB - DeMarco Murray

WR - Sidney Rice

WR - Malcolm Floyd

WR - Eddie Royal with Cheese

TE - Brent Celek

And that's it....thoughts????

As you can see, I'm a big fan of handcuffing backup running backs on the same team to my starters with regard to my bench running backs....:p

Edited by BLUE

First team is beautiful, especially for a 3 PPR, my only beef is Ryan Grant. I feel like you MAY have been able to get a better receiving back (Felix Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Fred Jackson etc.), because Grant won't catch a lot of Balls, but MJD is a perfect fit. Calvin Johnson and Miles Austin will both prolly be right around 100 catches, and Gonzo is gonna get his. Romo is good, and Stafford, if healthy could be a steal, looking at the rest of your team, guessing you prolly got him later, like round 6/7, and for a 2 QB league, that's kinda late.

Another little thing I got with your bench is your backup runningbacks are MEH at best. I know they are handcuffs, but what good is a handcuff if the starter doesn't get hurt. Seems kinda silly to me. I can understand one, but you got 3 handcuffs, one of which you don't even have the starter. Not sure how you're doing waivers or whatever, but if there was a chance to be close to the top, in most leagues I am in, if I am top 5 I can generally get the player I want, but that is beside the point.

Luckily you got that flex position for when one of your top 3 RBs are on bye, you can insert like Lance Moore.

The second team is hard for me to say. I mean you got some solid players, but Charles is the only one that really jumps out to me as a playmaker. Wayne, Colston, and Grant have done fine in the past, but it seems as if they are slipping off, getting hurt, or in the Saints offense that throws it to whoever, whenever. They could be really good, but they could also just be solid at best players. And maybe that is just me. I like to get higher risk-high reward players instead of medium risk-medium reward.

All-in-all, that first team can hopefully when you a championship, because I got a lot of the same players, and I think that they will be very good. That second team just may end up battling for playoffs, unless you make some good moves in the FA, Waivers, and Trades.

That 2nd team goes with the same league that the team I posted is from, my annual league i do with my dad and uncles. Sure as hell isn't as good as the team you hard last year which had both Ray Rice and Jamaal Charles, but your late round runningback picks like Felix Jones and Reggie Bush could really be your saving grace. I might trade you Daniel Thomas to go with Reggie Bush.