Sign in to follow this  
Glanvilles Grits

Fantasy help, Meachem or Douglas?

I'm a guy that puts favorites and such aside, especially because I'm playing for a lot of money in the league I have these two in (And it's a really deep league.)

With Colston out for the Saints, it leaves me with Bowe and Nicks at WR. I need a slot receiver. I have Douglas, Meachem and Devery Henderson on my roster.

I need some advice here. I've pretty much eliminated Henderson based on the fact that the Bears took all of our deep threats away last week. I see them doing the same to the Saints. Meachem seems like a guy Drew Brees likes to go to, and he's a redzone threat as well.

So do I start Douglas in my slot position against a banged up Rodgers-Cromartie, or do I start Meachem against a tough Bears D?

Part of me wants to go with Douglas, but after the concussion, will he really be seeing the field as much in the slot?

Help plz.

Bears or no Drew will get Meachem the ball. I'd personally start him. I wouldn't trust Douglas to get more than 3 catches.

The beauty of it all is I took all 3 guys so late. I was high on Douglas this year, still am, but he had a concussion. I think I'm going to go with Meachem.

Definitely start Meachem. With Colston out, and Moore coming off a groin injury, Meachem could easily be Brees' #1 reciever this week, and for the next few. He did great last week with 70 yards and a TD. Chicago won't allow the Saints to run all over them, so with the heavier workload for Brees comes more chances for Meachem to get the ball. Go with Robert Meachem.