Sign in to follow this  
G-Men

Trade Help

Ok need a lil advice. I'm 1-1 in one of my leagues and ranked 4th at the moment. I like my team except for the rb position. In major need of an upgrade there and currently trying to work out a trade with a guy whos deep at the position but don't wanna get screwed on a deal.

My Team:

QB - Philip Rivers

WR - Kenny Britt

WR - Santana Moss

WR - AJ Green

RB - Chris Johnson

RB - Joseph Addai

TE - Kellen Winslow

Bench

Miles Austin (hurt)

Brandon Lloyd (semi-hurt)

Ryan Grant

Plaxico Burress

Cam Newton

Aaron Hernandez

His starting backs are Mendenhall and Best with Starks, Hightower, Greene and Bush on the bench. My main target is Hightower. The 1st offer i gave him was a strait up Lloyd for Hightower but he didn't take it. He countered with Hightower and Sims-Walker for Miles Austin and Aaron Hernandez. No way i'm taking that. Austin and Hernandez are both hurt but neither should miss much time and both are point machines when healthly. What do you guys think will be a fair deal? I really want/need hightower but he only has 1 TE on roster (Owen Daniels) so hes trying to get a TE and reciever in return

Who are the TEs in the FA. You may wanna look at Evan Moore or Ben Watson, and offer up Winslow and Lloyd for Hightower.

Who are the TEs in the FA. You may wanna look at Evan Moore or Ben Watson, and offer up Winslow and Lloyd for Hightower.

Both are available. Not sure how reliable either of these guys will be though. Do the browns throw to their TE's a lot?

I'd be very cautious about trading for Hightower. Shanahan said he was pulled because he was tired, and we all know what happened the last time a player got tired on Shanny's team. :p

Nice pick up with Newton, though.

For young QBs like McCoy, TEs are generally a safety net, (Newton used his exclusively for all of two series, but most young QBs use them a lot more). I'd say Watson is a safe bet. Or possibly Tony Scheffler, he's flying under the radar, but he may have beaten out Pettigrew for the TE1 job at Detroit. Assuming he's available, of course.

See if Davis (Redskins TE) is still available in your league. Definitely go that route, and then.. Maybe being the homer that I am... Go after Starks. He has already demanded a ransom for Hightower, see if he does the same with one of his other backs.

See if Davis (Redskins TE) is still available in your league. Definitely go that route, and then.. Maybe being the homer that I am... Go after Starks. He has already demanded a ransom for Hightower, see if he does the same with one of his other backs.

Yeah, I was assuming Davis was not available. I'd pick him up before either Browns TE.