Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Ok State, Oklahoma, and Oregon all lose

Absolute BCS anarchy. The only situation that makes sense is LSU/Bama 1/2 with Arkansas going to #3. The SEC West is dominant.

I love me some BCS chaos.

So...what happens if Arkansas beats LSU?

I love me some BCS chaos.

So...what happens if Arkansas beats LSU?

Arkansas/Bama title game?

It's just utter chaos right now.

I have the top-ten after this week looking something like this:

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Arkansas

4. Virginia Tech

5. Stanford

VT and Stanford could arguably be swapped, but I think those 5 are pretty solid. After that, it's just complete confusion. Here's my shot at #6-10.

6. Boise State

7. Houston

8. South Carolina

9. Oklahoma State

10. Kansas State

By the way, this is what I think the top-10 will be, not necessarily what it should be, just to clarify.

I hope to God that Arkansas beats LSU and Houston wins out. Then maybe we can possibly get some sort of playoff system going next year over the argument that you just had an undefeated team watch two one-loss teams play for the title.

Edited by Thanatos19

I hope to God that Arkansas beats LSU and Houston wins out. Then maybe we can possibly get some sort of playoff system going next year over the argument that you just had an undefeated team watch two one-loss teams play for the title.

That happened in 2008. One-loss Florida played one-loss Oklahoma in the championship game. Utah was undefeated and left out. The Utes beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and were the only undefeated team at the end of the season. They have nothing to show for it.

Guest Phailadelphia

BCS will somehow manage to not rank Arkansas in the top 5.

Now if only the SEC East was repping. :(

I've been shocked at all the high-ranked teams falling in the last two weeks: Oregon, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Boise State, Clemson, Florida State....not all of the games surprised me but the high number, especially of top 10 teams, sure did shock me. The rankings should be:

1. LSU

2. Alabama

3. Arkansas

4. Stanford

5. Virginia Tech

(Stanford and Virginia Tech are interchangeable but BCS voters LOVE Stanford and Luck so I think they'll get the nod to 4th)

6. Oklahoma State

(Yes, they just lost, but they're still a great team and I see them beating Oklahoma although that will be a close game)

7. Houston

(The "Boise State-esque" hype will start...they DO NOT deserve a National Championship shot.) :nope:

8. Boise State

(As with Stanford, BCS voters LOVE Boise State so they'll get a spot higher than they deserve)

9. South Carolina

10. Michigan

(You could make arguments for several teams, especially Kansas Stae, but Michigan just DOMINATED Nebraska and only has two losses--one to a great team in Michigan State and one upset to Iowa. I think that Michigan should win the tiebreaker, especially with how they destroyed a good Nebraska team)

That happened in 2008. One-loss Florida played one-loss Oklahoma in the championship game. Utah was undefeated and left out. The Utes beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and were the only undefeated team at the end of the season. They have nothing to show for it.

Thank you for crushing my hopes and dreams.