Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Guest Phailadelphia

Talos is a fake and by joining the Stormcloaks you're playing right into the Thalmor's hands. SHEEP! :p

• Upvote 1

The Thalmor are the real enemies here, they seek to overthrow the empire only to rebuild it under their own control. There will be no more freedom under the Thalmor scum than you have under the empire.

Joined the dark brotherhood as a Norde Warrior. My justification is that I'm infiltrating their ranks and eliminating them from the inside once I gain their trust.

There is no place in Skyrim for thieves, assassins, injustice and villainy. ONLY ROOM FOR NORDES.

Edited by funnygunny

Hey, I'm at that turnstile door that needs a gold claw..whats a the turnstile combo and where do i get this claw..please no not tell me its in whiterun..

Talos is a fake and by joining the Stormcloaks you're playing right into the Thalmor's hands. SHEEP! :p

What Thalmor? They're all dead except for that mage guy who won't die no matter how many times I hit him.

Hey, I'm at that turnstile door that needs a gold claw..whats a the turnstile combo and where do i get this claw..please no not tell me its in whiterun..

There's a bunch of dungeons that need claws to open them, I don't recall which one needed the golden claw. I think that was the first one I did, helping the guy out who was a shop-keeper in Riverwood?

Anyhow, all the claws are in the cave where they are needed except one, and that one it's not possible to get into the cave without first getting the claw.

Guest Phailadelphia

Loot it from the guy you released from the spider web earlier in the dungeon. The code to the door is on the palm of the claw (look at it in your inventory).

How long does this main story line take? Should I stop for a bit and do other things(You guys should name some things to do :yep:)?

Just got invited to the Dragonborn group of people..

Have to say this game is pretty good..first few hours are terrible though..

How long does this main story line take? Should I stop for a bit and do other things(You guys should name some things to do :yep:)?

I would expect that if you play the main story all of the way through, it should take 30-40 hours (I have barely touched it, though). To me, most of the fun of The Elder Scrolls games is the overwhelming freedom to do whatever the fuck you want.

-Go hunting for Elk

-Spelunking

-Pick fights with Giants

-Track down dragons

-Climb mountains

There are just so many things to do it is crazy.

Wow, the first few hours were some of the best to me.

It was like, wow, how big is this place?

Don't just follow the main storyline, it's not supposed to be a linear game.

Oh and also, there is no Dragonborn group of people, just fyi. You are the only Dragonborn, the Greybears are just there to help you along, but they're not Dovakiin, (Dragon-kin), themselves.

Was it not epic when you slayed your first dragon to the thunderous shout of the Greybeards...

"DOVAHKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!" *EVERYTHING FUCKING SHAKES*

And yeah, depending on you class, join guilds/factions and shit. I'm a Warrior and joined the Companions and Dark Brotherhood. Tried the mage guild to, but that's boring as fuck since I suck at magic >_>

BTW: Dovahkiin means "dragon born," not "dragon kin" :D

Edited by funnygunny

Was it not epic when you slayed your first dragon to the thunderous shout of the Greybeards...

"DOVAHKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!" *EVERYTHING FUCKING SHAKES*

And yeah, depending on you class, join guilds/factions and shit. I'm a Warrior and joined the Companions and Dark Brotherhood. Tried the mage guild to, but that's boring as fuck since I suck at magic >_>

BTW: Dovahkiin means "dragon born," not "dragon kin" :D

It's lost in translation. Kiin= rough equivalent is kin. It just means you're related. After all, they're not saying your mother/father was a dragon, merely that you have dragon blood somewhere down the line.

Edited by Thanatos19

I keep getting raped by the abominable snowman going up the stairs..what do i do :(

That guy was a pain in the ass, especially when I was a lower level. I just ran like hell away from him, it is not worth the frustration. If you choose to fight, KEEP MOVING and use lots of fire spells.

• Upvote 1

I keep getting raped by the abominable snowman going up the stairs..what do i do :(

Yea run I tried to face it at level 5 and ended up losing Lydia because of it :(.

Right now I am a Level 8 Nord I did the Greybeards mission and have now met Delphine and the bad ass dick of a dragon bring the old ones back to life. I didn't actually click who Delphine was till it was reviled lol which slow on my part.

Currently running around with twin war axes and it kicks ass I love it. Need to get my smithing up and to get a lot better heavy armour as I have not got any I like right now slowly progressing through this and I love it.

Edited by Bangy
  • Upvote 1

I went around it by going up and over the cliffs.

You can also go up on the cliffs and use a bow to kill it from safe distance.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

You can go on a detour to the left.

• Upvote 1

KEEP MOVING and use lots of fire spells.

This. Also, before heading up stop by Whiterun and stock up on health potions and weakness to fire potions. If you remember where it's exact location is, try and hit it with a sneak attack if you can.

• Upvote 1

Oh, that's what you're supposed to do..I've just been running straight at it with an axe..

And I just read you can have same sex marriages in this game..gonna be all over that shit :shifty:

Oh, that's what you're supposed to do..I've just been running straight at it with an axe..

And I just read you can have same sex marriages in this game..gonna be all over that shit :shifty:

Yeah, going right at him at a lower level is pretty much suicide. Frost Trolls are tough even at higher levels as they regenerate health. If you are not fast or strong enough, you will be promptly handed your ass in a gift box and sent back down the mountain.

I was level 14 when i went up the stairs for the first time, lol.

so i made that troll my bitch.

Level 14? I'm on like 4 now..

And someone please tell me these underground mazes that go on forever stop after a while <_<

Level 14? I'm on like 4 now..

And someone please tell me these underground mazes that go on forever stop after a while <_<

You don't many play RPGs do ya?

You have a map, bud, use it. There's no mazes.

Yeah, any time you can try and get a sneak attack, don't just charge. With swords it's 6x extra damage and with bows it's twice as much damage.

lvl 26 now with Daedric armor, sword and bow. Coolest shit out and got 470 Armor Rating on Legendary.

You can improve it further with potions apparently \=

And where the fuck do i get Daedric arrows?

On the final quest for the Dark Brotherhood....

HOLY FUCK I'VE NEVER BEEN SO PISSED OFF AT THE IMPERIALS IN MY ENTIRE...time of playing this game. Wow. Fucking beheaded that General dude with my new Daedra sword (with that perk). And about to kill the Emporer.

Since I had a bounty on my head of 4000, I had to kill my fellow Stormcloaks too. Each time I swung my blade, I felt sorrow. But also LIMITLESS ANGER. THE IMPERIALS WILL PAY FOR THE INNOCENT NORDE BLOOD SPILT TODAY. / nerd rant :D