Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anything related to the game can be posted here. Questions, screen shots, random discussion, etc.

I am going to start this thread off with a post from Thanatos in the "What Game..." thread.

Here ya go. A little more detail on the races:

Argonian

Histskin : Invoke the power of the Hist to recover health ten times faster for 60 seconds.

Resist Disease : Your Argonian blood is 50% resistant to disease.

Water Breathing : Your Argonian Lungs can breath underwater.

Breton

Dragonskin : Absorb 50% of magicka from hostile spells for 60 seconds.

Magic Resistance : Breton blood grants a 25% resistance to magic.

Dark Elf (Dunmer)

Ancestor’s Wrath : For 60 seconds, opponents that get too close take 8 points per second of fire damage.

Resist Fire– Your Dunmer blood gives you 50% resistance to fire.

High Elf (Altmer)

Highborn : Regenerate magicka faster for 60 seconds.

Highborn : High Elves are born with 50 extra magicka.

Imperial

Voice of the Emperor : Calms nearby people for 60 seconds.

Imperial Luck : Anywhere gold coins might be found, Imperials always seem to find a few more.

Khajiit

Night Eye : Improved night vision for 60 seconds.

Claws : Khajiit claws do 15 points of damage.

Nord

Battle Cry : Target flees for 30 seconds.- From my experience this is incorrect. It's all targets in the area that flee, not just one.

Resist Frost : Your Nord blood gives you 50% resistance to frost.

Orc (Orsimer)

Berserker Rage : You take half damage and do double damage for 60 seconds.

Redguard

Adrenaline Rush : Stamina regenerates 10x faster for 60 seconds.

Resist Poison : Your Redguard blood gives you 50% resistance to poison.

Wood Elf (Bosmer)

Command Animal : Make an animal an ally for 60 seconds.

Resist Disease and Poison : Your Bosmer blood gives you 50% resistance to poison and disease.

Every character starts with these two spells:

Flames: A gout of fire that does 8 points per second. Targets on fire take extra damage.

Healing: Heals the caster 10 points per second.

Breton's also start with...

Conjure Familiar: Summons a Familiar for 60 seconds wherever the caster is pointing.

Dunmer also start with...

Sparks: Lightning that does 8 points of shock damage to health and magicka per second.

Altmer also start with...

Fury: Creatures and people up to level 6 will attack anything nearby for 30 seconds.

RACIAL STATS

Note on racial stats: Each race starts off with different stats. Unimproved skills begin at 15. A net of 35 points is added from the base skills of 15 for each race.

Argonians start with 25 in Lockpicking, 20 in Alteration, Light Armor, Pickpocket, Restoration, and Sneak.

Breton start with 25 in Conjuration, 20 in Alchemy, Alteration, Illusion, Restoration, and Speech.

Dark Elves start with 25 in Destruction, 20 in Alchemy, Alteration, Illusion, Light Armor, and Sneak.

High Elves start with 25 in Illusion, 20 in Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Enchanting, and Restoration.

Imperials start with 25 in Restoration, 20 in Block, Destruction,

Enchanting, Heavy Armor, and One-handed.

Khajiit start with 25 in Sneak, 20 in Alchemy, Archery,

Lockpicking, Pickpocket, and One-handed.

Nord start with 25 in Two-handed, 20 in Block, Light Armor,

One-handed, Smithing, and Speech.

Orcs start with 25 in Heavy Armor, 20 in Block, Enchanting,

One-handed, Smithing, and Two-handed.

Redguards start with 25 in One-handed, 20 in Alteration, Archery, Block, Destruction, and Smithing.

Wood Elves start with 25 in Archery, 20 in Alchemy, Light Armor, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, and Sneak.

What race and level is everyone?

I am currently a level 15 Imperial and I have the heart stone active (bonus in growing all skills). I have also been thinking about what race I want to be on a 2nd character, when I get to that point. Right now, thinking of Breton or High Elf.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Level 26 Nord using 2h+heavy armor. I spent a day just getting a ton of shouts and killing dragons and that really helped out combat-wise. Using the atronarch stone so I have some more magicka which lets me use stoneflesh, (about +60 to armor), magic resist, as well as 50% frost resist from the race bonus and 30% fire resist from items. With heavy armor, it means I'm very hard to kill, and the 2h means I still do quite a bit of damage.

Also finished the main quest-line and the Companions main-quest line, (they still have a bunch of sidequests, I think they're just being generated).

Edited by Thanatos19

Guest Phailadelphia

Level 17 imperial wizard. I've sunk way too many hours into this game already for only having it for 5 days.

Skyrim's NPCs are still dumb as shit.

So I finally got into a fight with two dragons at the same time. I was handling it just fine, and had just slain the first one when I inexplicably stagger. Oh, there's a bandit behind me. Wait a minute, you just saw me kill a *dragon* and now you're going to attack me?

I decapitate him with one swing and turn to the other dragon, forcing it down with a shout and killing it. As I get off its back, the bandit's partner runs up, nearly tripping over the dead body of her companion, looks at me standing there besides the corpses of *two* dead dragons, and proceeds to attack me with a warcry of "You're out of your league."

Are you serious?

I used Beast Form just for kicks, two guesses what happened to her.

That, however, was not the end of it. I was, at the time, on a mission with a few Stormcloak soldiers, who pretty much just ran and hid when they saw the dragons. They proceed to come out from hiding, take a look at the carnage, and then one of them mouths off to me, "Pretty sure I killed more than you."

-_-

Level 13 Argonian that's currently rolling with a 2-handed axe and some conjuration magic. And other than Whiterun, I've yet to make it to another big city.

Level 18 Dark Elf, I've been using mostly destruction magic but at this point it's honestly kind of weak. Maybe I just need more spells. I end up having to switch to a 2H Great axe to take down the more difficult things.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213007p1.html

We loved Skyrim here at IGN, giving the game a 9.5. Consumers seem to be buying it up rather quickly, too, with the game selling 3.5 million copies in two days.

But gamers across all platforms have been reporting problems. So Bethesda's VP of PR and Marketing, Pete Hines, has responded via Twitter, posting, "PS3 & 360 updates have been submitted for certification," confirming that Sony and Microsoft have received their respective patches for testing. "PC coming too," he continued, concluding that the "Current estimate is [the patches] will be live the week after [Thanksgiving]." Thanksgiving in the United States falls this year on Thursday, November 24th.

This follows another Pete Hines Tweet we reported on last week, that Bethesda is working on a fix. Hines Tweeted then that "Patches/updates take a little time. We can't turn it around quite that fast. It's been three days. Calm down. We're working on it."

I am a level 14 Redguard. I managed to take down 2 Giants and 3 Mammoth's last night. Fucking pure luck, to be honest.

I am now going around hunting dragons and looking for shouts. I did find one nifty tip for hard to kill dragons

Try to lure them towards villages, the guards are pretty badass and can take them out for you, if you are too lazy or overmatched.

I also climbed to the Throat of The World as part of the main story, it was pretty fucking awesome. That part of the game convinced me that this may be the greatest game I have ever played. There is just something epic about what happened up there.

I am a level 14 Redguard. I managed to take down 2 Giants and 3 Mammoth's last night. Fucking pure luck, to be honest.

I am now going around hunting dragons and looking for shouts. I did find one nifty tip for hard to kill dragons

Try to lure them towards villages, the guards are pretty badass and can take them out for you, if you are too lazy or overmatched.

I also climbed to the Throat of The World as part of the main story, it was pretty fucking awesome. That part of the game convinced me that this may be the greatest game I have ever played. There is just something epic about what happened up there.

Ahha. You ain't seen nothing yet. It's the *second time* you go up as part of the main story that the epic-ness happens.

@ Thanatos.. At least the NPC's are not as dumb as they were in Marrowind. Quest giving NPCs or skill masters would literally fall into bodies of water and drown and they would never come back... lmao. You were just fucked. ha

Oh.. and I went to create some elven armor. It's pretty good for my level (15) and it's really light... I need some quicksilver for the gilded chest piece and then the weapons... So I go to a Quicksilver mine.. There are 3 veins there. I mine one of them, get two ore... Then I go to the other two veins which are very close to each other and they won't even let me click on them... Keep in mind, I have NEVER mined before, so it shouldn't be depleted. I then go look it up online and it says they won't respawn for a MONTH in game. FAIL.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Ahha. You ain't seen nothing yet. It's the *second time* you go up as part of the main story that the epic-ness happens.

I believe it, the second time will be fucking awesome. Just talking with Paarthurnax the first time was an incredible feeling.

Just did some woodcutting while I watched Dexter and Mad Men....

525 pieces of firewood... Carry weight of 2726 / 345... Sold for 2620 gold... 5k gold total during that run. Don't mind you that I got the same amount during one quest, lol. :p

Well I am massively behind you guys on this game but I am currently a lvl 6 Nord sn going to use 2 single handed axes. I joined the Companions and done their 2nd mission and now just going to go around and start exploring shit. On one mission though I had an assassin try and kill me which was fun hacking him to pieces

Just did some alchemy (:puke:)

Had a TON of ingredients, which I stored in the chest in my alchemy room at my house in Whiterun. Gained about 15 levels and if all potions are sold I made....

15,100 gold.

Yay Alchemy.

I find it kind of odd that the armor I am using now at level 14 is still the exact armor I had at level 1. I did some upgrades to it, but have yet to find anything that is better than what I have. Perhaps I will be able to craft some later?

I find it kind of odd that the armor I am using now at level 14 is still the exact armor I had at level 1. I did some upgrades to it, but have yet to find anything that is better than what I have. Perhaps I will be able to craft some later?

Yeah, I'd work on smithing. I noticed that as soon as I unlocked better armor to craft, shops began selling better armor as well.

If you are talking mage robes, most shop owners have some good stuff. Especially at the college.

Duck: If you're using heavy armor, there is a special set that unlocks once you complete the Companions quest that is pretty decent.

If you're using light: What Favre said.

Duck: If you're using heavy armor, there is a special set that unlocks once you complete the Companions quest that is pretty decent.

If you're using light: What Favre said.

It works for heavy armor as well :yep:

For example, in the smithing tree, I unlocked Elven and Dwarven armors. One is light (elven), one is heavy (dwarven).. After I unlocked them, they were available in shops. Not saying that going through Companions isn't a good way to get some good armor... But I don't know if Chia wants to go through and finish an ENTIRE story arc to get said armor. Ha :p

It works for heavy armor as well :yep:

For example, in the smithing tree, I unlocked Elven and Dwarven armors. One is light (elven), one is heavy (dwarven).. After I unlocked them, they were available in shops. Not saying that going through Companions isn't a good way to get some good armor... But I don't know if Chia wants to go through and finish an ENTIRE story arc to get said armor. Ha :p

It's just the main one, doesn't take all that long. There's still a ton more to do for the Companions even after.

Also, Wolf Armor > Dwarven Armor. As well as not looking like you melted down a pot of gold into armor, (I hate how the Dwarf armor looks, lol.)

I'm using a mixture of Blades and Steel Plate.

Man I never had a problem with armor, but I think's because I literally got 20 shouts over the course of a day by doing nothing but going and looking for words of power. And there was a ton of good stuff in those dungeons.

Edited by Thanatos19

It wasn't really a complaint more than an observation. I have no problem with the armor I have for the time being. My smithing skill is fairly high, but I have to devote more perks to it, I guess.

Man... I hadn't played all day and it was getting pretty late. So I decided I would do one quest just to keep it all fresh...

Said quest has taken me over an hour... :sigh: lol

JUST got this awesome game.

Level 1 Nord :D

Any recommendations on what perks to level up first/what quests to do/what skills to level first/what guilds or factions to join?

I'm quite the noob and will slowly but surely become pro XD

Some funny, some not; fairly entertaining nonetheless

• Upvote 1

Hey I was thinking about buying this, but then I read the Amazon reviews..90% said that lag has been crippling the game, you guys have this same problem? :hmm:

i have a ps3 btw..

90% of how many people :p

Personally I have not had this issue. I had the occasional lag spike, just like any other game, but nothing that breaks the game.

Lvl 15 Norde and slayed 7 dragons now :D Became a werewolf and just fucked shit up. Faced a dragon priest and realised I was playing on Expert for the whole time O_O

Changed to Adept and Whirlwinded off a cliff to safety >_> Game of the year