Sign in to follow this  
CribbsForTheWin

Waiver Wire for Week 12

Lots of waiver wire activity is about to go down this week. Players that have already had good weeks, not including this Monday night game

Kevin Smith - RB, Lions - Jahvid Best could still be out for a while, and after his monster 200 total yards and 3 TD day, he is probably going to be the prize of the waiver wire

Riley Cooper - WR, Eagles - He has built a pretty good rapport Vince Young, and with Maclin and Jackson both slightly banged up, he could still be a good player even if Vick is back this week.

Toby Gerhart / CJ Spiller - RB, Vikings / Bills - with the horses getting injured on their respective teams, they make a decent one week fill in.

DeAngelo Williams - RB, Panthers - I would assume a lot of people dropped him, but he may be a good play down the stretch as a flex play with the remaining schedule and after his "breakout" game. Jonathan Stewart is the RB you want to own here though.

I'm sure there are some other ones that I am forgetting, but I believe I hit on the main ones.

D-Will is about to bust one.

He's going to be playing against the worst run D in the league in week 12, the Colts. I think both him and Stewart have big games fantasy wise.

As far as Kevin Smith goes, I'd grab him, but I wouldn't start him if you have a good RB2 option. Remember, he was playing against Carolina. We suck against the run. We made Chris Johnson look like his 2008-09 self again and then look at what Atlanta did to him. I wouldn't be surprised if Smith is only a good option if he's going against a very bad run defense like the Panthers.

And you did miss at least one:

Nate Washington, WR, TEN. If Locker starts a few games over Hasselbeck, then Washington is a viable WR3 at the least, Locker seemed to have a rapport with him.

Edited by Thanatos19

I'd certainly grab Kevin Smith...I think he'll have another great show next week..

Not only do the Panthers have the Colts (30th against PPR RBs) this week, they still got the Buccs (31st) twice, but also has tough matchups against Houston (3rd) and ATL (6th) left.

By the way, do you guys think that Best may just sit out the rest of the season in Det? It's sure starting to look like it.