Sign in to follow this  
G-Men

Slim at RB

Playoff time and my main guy at rb, Demarco Murray, breaks his ankle :(

I was able to slip by and win the game but i'm down to pretty much 2 options now and those 2 aren't even having that great of a season, Cedric Benson and Rashard Mendanhall. I just don't think i'll be able to talk myself into keeping Rashard in the starting lineup. He's not been good at all yardage wise this season and he's not a pass catcher (PPR) so he pretty much has to score to give me any type of good fantasy points and San Fran just doesn't give up rushing TD's.

Only other option is Ryan Grant who i picked up off waivers a few weeks ago but definitely had no intention of ever playing him. Had his best game last week but expecting 2 good games in a row by a Green Bay runningback is a stretch. Not to mention Starks may be back. The only plus is that its a MUCH more favorable matchup and if things go as expected (early blowout) then Grant could end up getting more touches.

Do i take my shot with Grant or stick with Mendanhall?

So I read an article on NFL.com that says that you should never start a RB against the 49ers,no matter who that RB is...I would usually recommend starting Mendy over some other guy,I'm just not sure we'll be the first team to score a rushing TD against 49ers...

Based on what I'm reading, Starks will probably be questionable at game time. He didn't practice today, and I think the next time he MIGHT practice is Friday. If he does practice Friday, expect limited carries for him on Sunday. If he doesn't practice Friday he'll probably be inactive on Sunday.

Now I'm not sure at all how good the Chiefs run D is. Grant did really well with screen plays last week though so I expect McCarthy to get some more of those in.

Tight situation you're in. If Patrick Willis returns, Mendenhall will have a tough time getting you many points for yards, let alone a TD.

I'm gonna say Grant just cuz when McCarthy sees a RB on our team do well he's gonna give them a lot of touches the next week. And I know first hand that Grant gets better as the game goes on and as long as he gets a ton of plays, he'll get you points. That's been his problem thus far: we didn't run the ball much and when we did, Starks got the bulk of the carries.

Don't start a RB against SF. Just don't. Go with Grant.

Yea i think i gotta implement the Revis rule here lol. I never start anyone against Revis no matter who it is. I learned that one the hard way. I'm going with Grant. Hopefully badgers is right