Sign in to follow this  
HadenIsland23

Military

I tried to join the Navy a few years ago but couldn't due to health reasons. I also have quite a few friends in various branches. I could probably either answer any questions you have or direct you to right the place to find the answer.

I'm in a military family, my dad is an O-5 in the Navy, but not military myself.

Edited by Thanatos19

What's the best branch? I can't sign anything since I am only a jr. How much weight should I cut? I am at 230 abd bout 5'11

Doesn't mean much, but my closest friend is in the Air Force. He's fresh out of tech school and has received a whole lot of honors and attention, he knows a whole lot about the Military branches...

• Upvote 1

What's the best branch? I can't sign anything since I am only a jr. How much weight should I cut? I am at 230 abd bout 5'11

I think a lot of that has to do with what YOU want to do with your life.

Well, I'm looking to go in and do 4-6 years at least. Then either go to college while there or go to a University when I get out.

Well, I'm looking to go in and do 4-6 years at least. Then either go to college while there or go to a University when I get out.

What I mean is, as far as a job goes not only after the military but while you are there. There's a lot more to joining than going through basic, then getting shipped out overseas (potentially). You could be a cook, a garbage man, a communications expert, a computer or tech kind of guy. And the options go on and on and on.

And not every branch supports every type of job.

If you want to be involved with Law Enforcement in the military, pretty much every branch has their version of that job. The Army and Marines have MP's, the Air Force has Security Forces and the Navy has a rating (other name for job in the Navy) called a Master at Arms (MA). It sounds to me like the important thing for you decide is what branch to go into. I'll say right off the bat that the Navy and Air Force treat you a lot better than the other branches, and they usually have better food also. However, because of that, they are also more selective, since there are tons of people willing to join both branches, especially the Air Force.

Yea... My friend said if your trying to get into law enforcement, you'd be better off in the Navy... He went into a long ass explanation that I couldn't listen to cause we were playin Halo and he was talking to me on Live.

He did mention that the opportunity to get into law enforcement career wise is quicker through the Navy though so i'd recommend asking around about that. He also said that they test you on your conditioning, push-ups, etc...

Sorry I couldn't be more help, lol. But he did say to call your recruiter again, and that it was probably busy...