Sign in to follow this  
BC

Offseason: What is your team's biggest need.

Pats already have a top offense. Now they just need a defense that can stop someone occasionally.

As for my team...

Seahawks Concerns

1 - A Pass Rush (Specifically OLB or DT): Yes we have a good run defense, but we rarely got any pressure on anyone's QB in the passing game. Fixing this need would finally give us a complete defense.

2 - Offensive Line: Yes, it started to come together at the end of the season, but still, a transition from "Non-Existant" to "Barely Servicable" doesn't put my O-Line concerns at ease. I wasn't all that impressed with either James Carpenter or John Moffit. In fact their backups played just as well if not better, which tells me we still need much more help here.

3 - Quarterback: We're starting Tarvaris Jackson. Do I really need any more of a reason? Maybe i'm jumping the gun, who knows? It's only been one year, and there was no offseason to prepare him. As far as I'm concerned he has one more year to show us something. We should be hedging our bets anyway by getting someone else ready. (Matt Flynn? RG3?). If he continues to show no growth after next season we need to move on.

Edited by Jayrus

Pats already have a top offense. Now they just need a defense that can stop someone occasionally.

As for my team...

Seahawks Concerns

1 - A Pass Rush (Specifically OLB or DT): Yes we have a good run defense, but we rarely got any pressure on anyone's QB in the passing game. Fixing this need would finally give us a complete defense.

2 - Offensive Line: Yes, it started to come together at the end of the season, but still, a transition from "Non-Existant" to "Barely Servicable" doesn't put my O-Line concerns at ease. I wasn't all that impressed with either James Carpenter or John Moffit. In fact their backups played just as well if not better, which tells me we still need much more help here.

3 - Quarterback: We're starting Tarvaris Jackson. Do I really need any more of a reason? Maybe i'm jumping the gun, who knows? It's only been one year, and there was no offseason to prepare him. As far as I'm concerned he has one more year to show us something. We should be hedging our bets anyway by getting someone else ready. (Matt Flynn? RG3?). If he continues to show no growth after next season we need to move on.

It was the offense that let them down in the Superbowl.

The Pats do need defensive help, but they also need a deep-threat at WR.

Those are some pretty tall orders to accomplish all in one offseason mang. Matt Ryan hasn't been unsuccessful, and just because he hasn't won a superbowl doesn't mean he's garbage. Also doesn't mean he's not capable of winning one or two superbowls in the next 7 years. I'd give him time and some more OL help, mix up the schemes a bit, maybe add screen passing into the mix :shrug:

Matt Ryan has not won a playoff game in his career...just sayin