Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Jon Jones

Huge fan of Bones have been for a long time, it was about his second fight that him and Anthony Johnson caught my attention.

So with Jones straight beating the hell out of Rashad, whats next? Honestly I think he is the best pound for pound guy in the world.

Thoughts?

I've been a fan of Bones myself since I first saw him on the undercards. I know it seems like a lot of people will say "I've known about this guy since..." but w/e.

Anyways, at this point based on the way hes fought and picked apart the top guys in the division and done it in convincing fashion, he is the best pound for pound fighter in MMA. I'd put Jose Aldo a close second, then Silva third.

What I like best about him is how complete his game is. He's fought a techincal striker in Machida and made him tap. He's destroyed wrestlers and picked apart probably the best striker in the division in Evans. Hes also gone the distance. The kid is so young and will only get better (if thats possible). I still have yet to see a real whole in his game. He has never spent a lot of time on the ground so I guess we don't know how good he would be off his back against a BJJ ace.

At this point the only move for him to make is another division. Silva was at the same level of dominance and then moved up to 205.

I've been a fan of Bones myself since I first saw him on the undercards. I know it seems like a lot of people will say "I've known about this guy since..." but w/e.

Anyways, at this point based on the way hes fought and picked apart the top guys in the division and done it in convincing fashion, he is the best pound for pound fighter in MMA. I'd put Jose Aldo a close second, then Silva third.

What I like best about him is how complete his game is. He's fought a techincal striker in Machida and made him tap. He's destroyed wrestlers and picked apart probably the best striker in the division in Evans. Hes also gone the distance. The kid is so young and will only get better (if thats possible). I still have yet to see a real whole in his game. He has never spent a lot of time on the ground so I guess we don't know how good he would be off his back against a BJJ ace.

At this point the only move for him to make is another division. Silva was at the same level of dominance and then moved up to 205.

I disagree that Rashad is the best striker in the division. Wrestler sure. I think Lyoto is a better striker, Same with Shogun, and Same with Hendo. Rashad has a powerful right but other than that has no other punches and the wrestler in him does not let him throw leg kicks.

As far as holes in bones I havent seen them either, although it appears to me he does not like to be hit. This may be speculation but in his last two fights he has gotten hit and he didnt have the I will walk through it attitude. I dont know if that is him playing it cagy or just doesnt want to be hit.

Off his back I dont think he would have many problems because with those lanky ass legs he would have a hell of a rubber guard.

He is a big light heavy but would be a tiny heavy so I am not sure if he would move up, or just continue to dominate this division.

Although I think the second best pound for pound fighter in the UFC is GSP. I hate how the dude never finishes a fight and is content to just grind out a wrestling match, but he is far and away the best in the division and has beaten the best of the best.

I disagree that Rashad is the best striker in the division. Wrestler sure. I think Lyoto is a better striker, Same with Shogun, and Same with Hendo. Rashad has a powerful right but other than that has no other punches and the wrestler in him does not let him throw leg kicks.

As far as holes in bones I havent seen them either, although it appears to me he does not like to be hit. This may be speculation but in his last two fights he has gotten hit and he didnt have the I will walk through it attitude. I dont know if that is him playing it cagy or just doesnt want to be hit.

Off his back I dont think he would have many problems because with those lanky ass legs he would have a hell of a rubber guard.

He is a big light heavy but would be a tiny heavy so I am not sure if he would move up, or just continue to dominate this division.

Although I think the second best pound for pound fighter in the UFC is GSP. I hate how the dude never finishes a fight and is content to just grind out a wrestling match, but he is far and away the best in the division and has beaten the best of the best.

GSP is a great fighter but I hate him. He is a boring fighter and fights every fight safe. Not that there is nothing wrong with that but guys like Silva, Jones and Aldo have been succesful in their divisions and have put on great fights.

Machida is a technical striker who excels at counter striking. Rashad has a better striking game as far as his boxing. I guess thats what I was refering too. Rampage is probably the best power striker. I forgot about Shogun. He is a great striker and I would probably put him close to Evans except Suga has better speed.

Either way, hes beaten every single top guy in the division except Hendo. Once he defeats Hendo, he will have cleared the division and it will be time for a super fight.

GSP is a great fighter but I hate him. He is a boring fighter and fights every fight safe. Not that there is nothing wrong with that but guys like Silva, Jones and Aldo have been succesful in their divisions and have put on great fights.

Machida is a technical striker who excels at counter striking. Rashad has a better striking game as far as his boxing. I guess thats what I was refering too. Rampage is probably the best power striker. I forgot about Shogun. He is a great striker and I would probably put him close to Evans except Suga has better speed.

Either way, hes beaten every single top guy in the division except Hendo. Once he defeats Hendo, he will have cleared the division and it will be time for a super fight.

Agreed on all counts about GSP. I hate his style to but in his style nobody in that division will unseat him for a while.

The reason I will say shogun wins is because he has a lot more diverse striking. Suga's boxing is good although is jab is weak but the right hook saves him a lot. He has no real kicks to speak of where as a whole Shoguns striking beats him out because of diversity and his double jab.

I dont see hendo winning against Bones. That said though not even Rashad's right compares to Hendo's. That right hand has real dynamite in it. I wont forget the knockout he put on Bisping with that damn thing. It is vicious. Now as far as wrestling it would be intriguing because he is damn good at that and I dont think his gameplan would resemble Rashad's. That said you are right it would be the last real fight for except maybe Forrest.

in my opinon though everybody else from here on is a sacrificial lamb.

Who would you like to see the superfight be with ?

Agreed on all counts about GSP. I hate his style to but in his style nobody in that division will unseat him for a while.

The reason I will say shogun wins is because he has a lot more diverse striking. Suga's boxing is good although is jab is weak but the right hook saves him a lot. He has no real kicks to speak of where as a whole Shoguns striking beats him out because of diversity and his double jab.

I dont see hendo winning against Bones. That said though not even Rashad's right compares to Hendo's. That right hand has real dynamite in it. I wont forget the knockout he put on Bisping with that damn thing. It is vicious. Now as far as wrestling it would be intriguing because he is damn good at that and I dont think his gameplan would resemble Rashad's. That said you are right it would be the last real fight for except maybe Forrest.

in my opinon though everybody else from here on is a sacrificial lamb.

Who would you like to see the superfight be with ?

I'd love to see Silva vs Jones. Silva is comfortable and capable at fighting at 205. I'd love to see that fight a lot more than a Silva vs GSP which has been talked about.

I'd love to see Silva vs Jones. Silva is comfortable and capable at fighting at 205. I'd love to see that fight a lot more than a Silva vs GSP which has been talked about.

To be honest I think Silva loses both.

If Chael Sonnen took him down like that, GSP would have no problem and e would not try to win the fight he would be content with rounds. I think he would pull the decision and it would irritate the shit out of me though.

With jones the thing that makes the Spider the spider is he is so long and the best striker the game has to offer. Well jones has more reach and is an out of this world striker too, that one would be an EPIC fight. Although I think Anderson would be fighting in unknown territory because he cant play the range game anymore. It would be awesome and well worth the 50 bucks for the fight.

Well it has been confirmed Jones will face Hendo next. After his war with Rua I am looking forward to seeing Henderson back in the ring. He is going to be a huge underdog in this fight but I think it will suit him more. Hendo has the power to bring anyone down but also his ground game is good.

Should be a hell of a fight

I hope he destroys Hendo. I cant stand his ass.

I like hendo and think that ends up a great fight. he's not a pussy and he'll bring it. I think Jones wins in the end but it should be an all out war.