Sign in to follow this  
sweetness34

Photography: Yellowstone in Summer

So I still have two more Africa albums to post, but thought I'd mix it up with some shots I took in Yellowstone for a 3 day weekend. And while some of these bear shots almost cost me my life, they were well worth it.

black-pool.jpg

img_0346.jpg

img_0350.jpg

img_0385.jpg

img_0498-2.jpg

img_0560.jpg

img_0568.jpg

img_0581.jpg

img_0593.jpg

img_0614.jpg

img_0634.jpg

img_0709.jpg

img_0724_5_6_7_8_fused.jpg

img_0746.jpg

img_0746_47_48_49_50_fused.jpg

img_0824.jpg

img_0887.jpg

img_0958.jpg

img_0971.jpg

img_10192.jpg

img_1024-2.jpg

Ok that's a shit ton, I'll save the rest, which were from the Grand Tetons, for another post.

As always, comments/critiques/and all that bullshit :)

The Dude

• Upvote 1

These are gorgeous! Seeing Yellowstone is definitely one of the things I want to do in my life.

That is total busslfhit that you get to travel that much.

These photographs are fantastic man! You do a great job every time in capturing them at certain angles that make them turn out great. It also doesn't hurt that you live in a state (Montana, which has really great people and beautiful natural landscapes) that helps to higlight your high quality photography skills. Keep up the great work and post more photos ASAP!!!!

Cheers

So awesome! I went to Yellowstone last summer and it was so beautiful. The colors in those hot springs are fantastic. Now I want to go back.

And I'm excited for the Teton pictures as well. I loved being there. Those mountains are my desktop background. Nothing like mountains rising out of a flat prairie.

These are gorgeous! Seeing Yellowstone is definitely one of the things I want to do in my life.

Do it! Do it as soon as possible! I go about 4 times a year minimum. Fall is the best time to go imo. Right before they close the roads, the tourists have all packed up and left and it's usually just the locals.

That is total busslfhit that you get to travel that much.

haha, this is pretty much my backyard dude. Takes me about an hour and a half to drive to Yellowstone.

If you don't move, it may not see you.....

Oh she saw me, she was coming right after me in this picture. One hand on my bear spray and one hand on my camera to get this shot. She lost the standoff and ran into the hills. Which left me to take pictures of her cubs. Then I saw her running back towards the tree to get her cubs and my ass left in a hurry.

These photographs are fantastic man! You do a great job every time in capturing them at certain angles that make them turn out great. It also doesn't hurt that you live in a state (Montana, which has really great people and beautiful natural landscapes) that helps to higlight your high quality photography skills. Keep up the great work and post more photos ASAP!!!!

Cheers

Thank you, and I love Montana... really the best gift a photographer can get is living here. I'm actually about to head out into the mountains for the rest of the day. Not a clue where I'm going, but I should get great pictures.

So awesome! I went to Yellowstone last summer and it was so beautiful. The colors in those hot springs are fantastic. Now I want to go back.

And I'm excited for the Teton pictures as well. I loved being there. Those mountains are my desktop background. Nothing like mountains rising out of a flat prairie.

I love the Tetons, and this was my first time back in a long time.. and the first time photographing them. They just top every other mountain set because of their location. Just flat prairie land and then BAM, jut out of the land.

I can't believe I missed this set of pics.

I keep watching for new pics and somehow I missed these.

What kind of camera do you use?

Wonderful shots too BTW. :grinyes: