Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Jaguars Updates

The Florida Times Union calls Laurent Robinson the "obvious leader of the receiving corps" at Jaguars OTAs.

Justin Blackmon figures to take over that role eventually, but he's still learning Mike Mularkey's offense and bouncing back from a DUI arrest. Blackmon and Mike Thomas are listed as the second and third options. The team figures to feature Robinson and Blackmon on the outside with Thomas in the slot.

Related: Justin Blackmon, Mike Thomas

Source: Florida Times Union

The Florida Times Union expects Lee Evans to compete with Cecil Shorts for the Jaguars' No. 4 wide receiver job.

With Laurent Robinson, Justin Blackmon, and Mike Thomas penciled in as the top three, Evans is left to battle for a reserve job. Evans figures to back up Robinson and Blackmon outside, while Shorts steals snaps from Thomas in the slot.

Related: Cecil Shorts

Jaguars CB Kevin Rutland is penciled in as the team's fourth cornerback.

An undrafted free agent one year ago, Rutland is working ahead of sixth-round pick Mike Harris, as well as veterans William Middleton and Ashton Youboty. Rutland appeared in 14 games last season, starting four.

Interested to see how Laurent Robinson does without much talent around him. Hopefully he stays healthy for them.

The Florida Times Union expects Russell Allen to challenge Clint Session for the Jaguars' starting weak-side linebacker job.

Allen is at worst the Jaguars' top backup at all three linebacker positions, and he held his own in six spot starts last season. With a new coaching staff in Jacksonville, Session's $29 million contract no longer carries as much weight in camp battles. Session was concussed three times last year.

Related: Clint Session

I love Session, hopefully he's able to avoid concussing himself this season.

You gotta give Gabbie some credit. He really knows his position........Fetal.

Good one, keep em' coming!

:ghey:

Why in the hell is Mike Thomas still on the team? I don't think he'll be as good as Evans.

Why in the hell is Mike Thomas still on the team? I don't think he'll be as good as Evans.

Wasn't Mike Thomas your #1 WR last year? And I don't know, Lee Evans is pretty washed up. I think I'd rather take Mike Thomas over him. I think both will end up making the roster.