Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

Races you've attended

I was talking about this with someone else, and decided to bring the discussion here. Talk about all the races you've seen in person and memories, etc. It doesn't have to be just NASCAR. :nope:

Races I've attended in person...

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

2004 Pepsi 400 (Daytona), won by Jeff Gordon

2006 Budweiser Shootout (Daytona), won by Denny Hamlin

2006 Pepsi 400 (Daytona), won by Tony Stewart

2007 Budweiser Shootout (Daytona), won by Tony Stewart

2011 All Star Race (Charlotte), won by Carl Edwards

NASCAR Nationwide Series

2004 Winn Dixie 250 (Daytona), won by Mike Wallace

2007 Winn Dixie 250 (Daytona), won by Kyle Busch

2012 Subway Jalapeno 250 (Daytona), won by Kurt Busch

ARCA Re/Max Series

2006 Daytona ARCA 200 (Daytona), won by Bobby Gerhart

2007 Daytona ARCA 200 (Daytona), won by Bobby Gerhart

Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series

2009 Rolex 24 at Daytona, won by Darren Law/David Donohue/Buddy Rice/Antonio Garcia

My most memorable moment in a race I attended was my first ever race in person, which was the 2004 July Daytona Nationwide (was called the Busch Series then) race. Where Jason Leffler drove like a moron on the last lap and took out both Michael Waltrip and Dale Jr. Which allowed Mike Wallace to sneak in from nowhere and steal the win.

I also enjoyed the 2004 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, we got suite passes for free and got to go into the garage and pit road, it was really cool. :yep:

Edited by Milla4Prez63

I was at the 2004 Pepsi 400 as well, Milla. Sucked because there was like a 2-hour rain delay.

I've also been to a bunch of races at Pocono.

Yeah, we were in the infield and had to seek out shelter outside of the women's bathroom because it was storming so bad. I don't think they got started until like midnight lol. I saw that race in a pit road suite right behind Rusty Wallace's pit stall, it was cool but the actual race itself was forgettable. Even though it was my first ever Cup race in person, all I really remember was Jeff Gordon dominating in a silver Pepsi car.

Yeah the race itself was far from memorable. We didn't even get the Big One that year.

I do remember being in our hotel room the night before and watching the Busch race. It was an awesome finish.

I had those same pit suite seats for the Busch race, Mike Wallace's stall was right in front of us and we saw them jumping around like they just won the lottery and saw Mike pull his car into victory lane. That race was way more exciting than the Pepsi 400. The other Pepsi 400 I did in 2006 was pretty unmemorable as well, I remember Tony Stewart dominating, a caution over some idiot throwing a ball on the track and the crowd cheering when Jeff Gordon wrecked.

It seems like every NASCAR race I attend is pretty meh lol. With the exception of that 2004 NW race. I'm going to the NW race at Daytona next month so I'm hoping it will be a thrilling race.

Also, how is seeing a race at Pocono? It is pretty awful on TV IMO.

I went to Michigan in 2005 and saw the ARCA and Busch race and watched the Cup qualify but we couldn't stay Sunday for the race. In 2010 and 2012 I went to Charlotte, second time my buddy and I watched the whole race without the mufflers on =p

I'm pretty jealous you've seen so much of Daytona man, that's freaking awesome. I wanna see Daytona 500 and Bristol night race in person then I can die a happy race fan :p

I just got back from the Daytona Nationwide race tonight and it was such a blast. Seeing my favorite driver win in an exciting finish on my birthday week was special, one of the coolest moments in my life. I took a bunch of pics and some vids, I'll maybe post them tommorrow.