BC

WS Favorite Down Stretch?

I really think the Angels, even though 5 games out of first place, have the best situation for a championship right now. They've signed arguably the top player, have a rookie looking like the MVP of the league, and have the best statistical pitcher. Also have all star calibur #2 and #3 pitchers in their rotation. Sure they don't have a Yankees payroll, but I'd say their offense is just as good as New York's, with much superior pitching. The Cardinals, Pirates, Braves, or Dodgers, whichever team we see in there, will definetely put up a fight, but right now there is no team that has as much talent all across the board as the LA Angels. The last time there was such a solid trio of starting pitchers with such a solid lineup top to bottom, I think you'd have to go back to the '04 Red Sox team.

The Angels might have a ton of big names, but they'll be vulnerable come playoff time. I don't think they gel together too well. NYY, Detroit, and Texas are more World Series ready, IMO.

And I'm sticking with my original prediction which was Detroit over Atlanta. :yep:

detroit-tigers-logo.gif

:yep:

I also predicted the Tigers to go all the way in March and haven't swayed from that.

detroit-tigers-logo.gif

:yep:

Don't you dare lose to the Cardinals.