Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Showtime canceled “The Franchise: A Season With The Miami Marlins”

Aaron Gleeman | Aug 20, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT

Showtime’s documentary series “The Franchise” followed the Giants last season and the Marlins this season, but the network has decided to cancel this year’s version after just seven episodes.

It was supposed to go at least eight episodes, but both sides agreed to cut it short after Showtime declined to broadcast any more than the initial allotment with the Marlins currently in last place at 55-67.

Or as Marlins president David Samson told Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post: “There was an option to do more but given the state of our season, it was decided that the original eight would suffice.”

Sure, the Marlins are really bad, but I think it was HBT’s own Drew Silva making a cameo appearance that ultimately caused Showtime to pull the plug.

Source: HardballTalk

Can't complain too much. I tried to watch it but the episode two weeks ago was 15 minutes of wives eating sushi. lol @ that.

What a terrible season it's been for the Marlins.

I love it. :D

Yeah, this season has been extremely unfortunate for the Marlins. I was actually convinced that we were going to have an excellent season. Then, everyone on the team began on a slump. Normally it's maybe one or two players but all 8 position starters practically started terrible and dug themselves into a very deep hole then it became impossible to dig out. No worries, I still love my Marlins, better luck next year.