Bay

Who's going to have the best season of the starting rookie QB's?

30 members have voted

1. 1. Best rookie QB in 2012?

• Andrew Luck
    • Robert Griffin III
    • Ryan Tannehill
    • Brandon Weeden
    • Nick Foles :troll:
    • Russell Wilson

not sure why that's funny, it is something they have no control over, just like they have no control over who their teammates happen to be, and I made no commentary on what (if any) impact it had on their seasons (though if I were to say it'd be minimal at best) just putting it out there for the discussion

My fault. I read that wrong. Have to appreciate Nfl analyst/junkies that take the time up to put together complex stat charts like this. While I do agree that strength of schedule does make a slight impact (believe it's minimal as well), the pros consider every NFL game to be a hard fought game; especially for rookie QBs. But any team can win against another team on any given Sunday. Who would have thought that the Chiefs would be the team to knock of the undefeated Packers last year?

Edited by dutchff7

My fault. I read that wrong. Have to appreciate Nfl analyst/junkies that take the time up to put together complex stat charts like this. While I do agree that strength of schedule does make a slight impact (believe it's minimal as well), the pros consider every NFL game to be a hard fought game; especially for rookie QBs. But any team can win against another team on any given Sunday. Who would have thought that the Chiefs would be the team to knock of the undefeated Packers last year?

yeah, there just isn't that much of a discrepancy between the best and worst teams, and especially when you compound it over a 16 game season, the hardest adjusted schedule was an overall .554 winning percentage (almost 9-7 over 16 games) and the easiest was an overall .438 winning percentage (just better than 7-9 over 16 games) that's just not that big of a difference, but I digest

it really is tough to separate out these three QBs, none of them really stand out in any particular category (by which I mean that all were spectacular for rookies in everything they were asked to do) I could argue Luck based on far better passing numbers, but I'd have to ignore Griffin and Wilson's rushing numbers, I could argue Griffin based on the pressure of redeeming a franchise, though you could say the same thing about Luck, though from what I've seen I think the Colts fans were willing to be more patient than DC fans, and you could argue Wilson for beating out the high profile free agent in training camp then going on to prove his coaches unarguably made the right call, but the bottom line is that all three had amazingly impressive seasons, which is going to make ROY voting really interesting to see

• Upvote 1

yeah, there just isn't that much of a discrepancy between the best and worst teams, and especially when you compound it over a 16 game season, the hardest adjusted schedule was an overall .554 winning percentage (almost 9-7 over 16 games) and the easiest was an overall .438 winning percentage (just better than 7-9 over 16 games) that's just not that big of a difference, but I digest

it really is tough to separate out these three QBs, none of them really stand out in any particular category (by which I mean that all were spectacular for rookies in everything they were asked to do) I could argue Luck based on far better passing numbers, but I'd have to ignore Griffin and Wilson's rushing numbers, I could argue Griffin based on the pressure of redeeming a franchise, though you could say the same thing about Luck, though from what I've seen I think the Colts fans were willing to be more patient than DC fans, and you could argue Wilson for beating out the high profile free agent in training camp then going on to prove his coaches unarguably made the right call, but the bottom line is that all three had amazingly impressive seasons, which is going to make ROY voting really interesting to see

I agree. It hurts my brain when I try to pick a clear cut winner because all 3 had amazing seasons. RG3 is going to win it though. The RG3 hypetrain / bandwagon has gained to much momentum.

I agree. It hurts my brain when I try to pick a clear cut winner because all 3 had amazing seasons. RG3 is going to win it though. The RG3 hypetrain / bandwagon has gained to much momentum.

the one thing RG3 has working against him is Alfred Morris may syphon away some of the Redskins vote for ROY, but we'll see