Bay

Who's going to have the best season of the starting rookie QB's?

30 members have voted

1. 1. Best rookie QB in 2012?

• Andrew Luck
    • Robert Griffin III
    • Ryan Tannehill
    • Brandon Weeden
    • Nick Foles :troll:
    • Russell Wilson

Don't wanna pick Luck. Go with Tannehill :yep:

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Toss-up between Luck and RGIII. I'll go with Luck.

Like SteVo said,it's a toss-up between Luck and RGIII..I'd like to see RGIII having a better season than Luck but Luck's shown us in first two preseason games that he has a great connection with his receivers..He's got his college target in Indy,too and a great cooperation between Luck and Fleener might continue in NFL..

Tannehill is ok but when Davone Bess is your #1 receiver,you have very small chances of having the best season among starting rookies..

• Upvote 1

Andrew Luck. I haven't been impressed with RG3 at all. He's made a few good passes each game, but other than that it looks like he's just tossing them out there hoping someone grabs it up.

Luck has been point on with his passes, and it seems like he already understands how to make his reads at the LOS. I hate to say it, but I have before in another thread, I think the Colts hit on another future star.

As for the picture posted, I was high on Cousins leading up to the draft. Not sure why but Cousins and Weeden just looked the most ready to me from what I was seeing. Weeden I'm starting to think not so much. Unfortunately for Cousins, he's stuck behind RG3 and has pretty much no chance at ever starting a game this year unless RG3 is injured. It's too bad. I think he could be a great QB for a team that wants a solid pocket passer.

Edited by Chris D

I went with Luck. I've watched both of his games so far and the dude has been impressive. Hasn't really looked like a rookie at all. This kid is going to be something special.

Probably just wishful thinking, but I'll go Tannehill in the hopes that meaningful football is played in South Florida again on a regular basis. I miss the Dolphins being good for some reason.

Are we talking in terms of stats or record? Could be a bit of a difference.

Honestly if we're talking record there might even be room to put Russel Wilson on that list if he does indeed get the starting job in Seattle (which looks more and more possible by the day).

Stat wise I think it'll be Luck.

Wilson :troll:

I do think it'll be Luck though, Weeden seems prime to stink it up, Griffin and Tannehill are gonna start off raw as hell, though I like their upside (and at least one of them has to bust, I'll lean Young Griff because he has to play for the Skins, and he's done commercials already.)

I love my QB... but I don't think Vick will last the entire season. At the rate he's heading now getting hurt in both preseason games, he probably won't make it to our bye week.

With that being said, Foles will become our starter and I believe he could have the best season out of the rookies. Here's why:

With these kids being rookies, you can base your selection off of TWO THINGS:

1. Potential

2. What we've seen them do in their two preseason games.

Potential is 50/50 for me because it has many determining factors outside of the players control with coaching / schemes etc. We have seen players with potential not do good. All of the QBs on this list has potential to be good imo (not sold on weeden yet). So, I'm only going off of what I've seen so far.

The top 2 QBs on that list right now undoubtedly are Andrew Luck and Nick Foles. As of right now, Nick Foles has the highest QB rating of any QB right now.

Nick Foles: QB rating 118.4 24/38 63.2% 361 yds 4 TDs 1 int with 5 20+ yd completions and 3 40+ yd completions.

Andrew Luck: QB rating 87.8 26/41 63.4% 363 yds 2 TDs 2 int 1 Rushing TD with 5 20+ yd completions and 1 40+ yd completions.

Now away from the stats, I have seen similar qualities between these two QBs. Both of these rookies look extremely comfortable and poise in the pocket. Granted it's preseason, the game doesn't look to fast for either of them. Both have shown pocket presence and mobility to avoid the sack and make plays down the field. You see both QBs going through their reads and making great decisions with the ball; BOTH making extremely accurate passes sticking the ball in tight spaces with much velocity. We've also seen Nick Foles air out a couple bombs as well; Luck mostly short and intermediate passes (screen for 63 yards which counts as his +40 yard completion).Both of these rookies have been very impressive in the two games they've played so far and have shown promise. The main reason why I pick Foles over Luck (if / when Vick goes down), Foles has more offensive weapons to work with then Luck.

RG3 hasn't done all to much just yet for me to give him the nod. He doesn't even qualify for a passer rating; only 14 passes attempted (1 td) and as far as the running game he only ran it 4 times. Kirk Cousins got attempts then him.

But yeah, we can only bank success on these young players based off of two things: Potential and what we've seen so far. With that being said, a valid argument can be made for Nick Foles. He's done well so far.

Edited by dutchff7

Probably just wishful thinking, but I'll go Tannehill in the hopes that meaningful football is played in South Florida again on a regular basis. I miss the Dolphins being good for some reason.

Your wishful thinking is appreciated and echoed.

I have a tough time deciding between RG3 or Luck. Luck seems more well rounded, and I think chemistry with his receivers will make or break him. RG3 is far more dynamic as the dual threat.

I watched Andrew Luck play against the Steelers defense, and he just didn't look like a rookie out there. Even with his mistake pick-six, he got right back on the field and led a scoring drive. I've seen him do it many times while he was at Stanford, and you can obviously tell that the game isn't too big for him.

Russell Wilson is a legitimate darkhorse candidate for this. He should definitely be an option on the poll.

I guess Redskins traded for the wrong guy cause Nick Foles is going to have an amazing season as a starter.. :D

Luck and it won't even be close. Best draft QB in a decade.

Luck was playing against the second string defense after the pick six. The Steelers' starters got a sack and a pick six before they sat down. Just saying.

I think RGIII and Luck will both have moderate seasons. Luck has more to work with on offense and will likely do better, but I think it'll be close.

Weeden of course...

I watched Andrew Luck play against the Steelers defense, and he just didn't look like a rookie out there. Even with his mistake pick-six, he got right back on the field and led a scoring drive. I've seen him do it many times while he was at Stanford, and you can obviously tell that the game isn't too big for him.

Russell Wilson is a legitimate darkhorse candidate for this. He should definitely be an option on the poll.

This. Everyone keeps raising the bar for RW, and every time he clears it. Kid is a playmaker, mature, and very head strong. Unflappable.

As promised, Wilson will be added to the poll now.

Vote accordingly.

I'm going to go with RG3. I like his weapons more than I like Luck's, and the Redskins defense is always solid. At the very least, I think Griffin's team will have the better year. The stats? We'll have to wait and see.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Russell Wilson took it, but San Francisco has a great defense and Arizona's really came into its own last year. With 4 games against 2 good defenses and then God knows Jeff Fisher will probably have St. Louis' playing well, too. I'm just not sure if it adds up for Wilson right away. San Francisco will take Lynch away and make him throw to move the ball. That's not the greatest spot for a rookie to be.

I'm going to go with RG3. I like his weapons more than I like Luck's, and the Redskins defense is always solid. At the very least, I think Griffin's team will have the better year. The stats? We'll have to wait and see.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Russell Wilson took it, but San Francisco has a great defense and Arizona's really came into its own last year. With 4 games against 2 good defenses and then God knows Jeff Fisher will probably have St. Louis' playing well, too. I'm just not sure if it adds up for Wilson right away. San Francisco will take Lynch away and make him throw to move the ball. That's not the greatest spot for a rookie to be.

He doesn't play like a rookie. And our OL is already ahead of where we were last year at any point... Lynch still put up 100+ and TD against SF. Not too worried about running the ball. As long as Russell continues to take what defenses give him and not turn the ball over, he'll have the best season.

He doesn't play like a rookie. And our OL is already ahead of where we were last year at any point... Lynch still put up 100+ and TD against SF. Not too worried about running the ball. As long as Russell continues to take what defenses give him and not turn the ball over, he'll have the best season.

That's a rather homeristic view there. Just because he continues to do that, does not mean he will have the best season. There's a few really good rookie QBs, and you're making it sound like no matter what Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III does, Wilson will beat them out if he just plays as well as he's capable of.

Well, there's a reason why Wilson didn't go #1 overall and Luck did. Luck has the talent to have the best season, Luck has the talent to be the best QB in a long time. Just because Wilson plays to his potential does not mean he's going to have a best, or even a good, season.

• Upvote 1