Sign in to follow this  
Duck Fallas

DC REALLY loves RGIII

Seeing as I don't live in DC anymore, I kind really hope there is a picture posted somewhere in the next day or two.

Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III has already been the star of several commercials and advertisements, but tonight only, he’ll be 74-feet tall.

That’s because a 74-foot image of the 2011 Heisman Trophy Award winner will be projected onto famous Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C. on the First Amendment Wall of the Newseum.

The image is being projected just in time for Saturday’s big preseason matchup with the Indianapolis Colts at FedExField, a game that will pit the No. 1 overall selection in April’s NFL Draft (Colts quarterback Andrew Luck) vs. the No. 2 overall selection (Griffin III).

Cathy Trost, vice president of exhibits, programs and media relations at the Newseum, told NBC-4 in Washington that the large image of Griffin III is just one of the many ways to celebrate the quarterback’s official homecoming.

“”We’re part of a community welcome of Robert Griffin III to Washington, D.C.,” Trost said. “The projection itself has been created by Adidas. It is a celebration of the arrival of the new Redskins quarterback.”

Trost said the projection will be an animated light show featuring a moving illustration of Griffin III that will be lit from 8 p.m. tonight until midnight.

More than 20 projectors will light up Pennsylvania Avenue and cover an area of more than 20,000 square feet, according to NBC-4.

“We’re excited as everyone else in Washington, D.C. for RGIII’s arrival,” Trost told the station. “We allow the use of that tablet very selectively — just for causes that are related to our mission or our sense of community. We see this as a real important part of the community.”

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/08/23/go-see-a-really-big-robert-griffin-iii/

All this ridiculous hoopla for a guy that hasn't even taken a fucking snap in a regular season game yet.

DC folk are going to be quite disappointed when he doesn't pan out to be the second coming of Christ. Poor bastards.

I really loved Aaron Curry before he ever played a snap too. Compared him to Ware.

I hope he flops can't stand the redskin but anyway here our the shots on the giant Adidas RGIII advert

robert-griffin-iii-rg3-adidas-football-light-up-washington-dc-01.jpgrobert-griffin-iii-rg3-adidas-football-light-up-washington-dc-04.jpg

robert-griffin-iii-rg3-adidas-football-light-up-washington-dc-06.jpgrobert-griffin-iii-rg3-adidas-football-light-up-washington-dc-07.jpg

robert-griffin-iii-rg3-adidas-football-light-up-washington-dc-08.jpgrobert-griffin-iii-rg3-adidas-football-light-up-washington-dc-09.jpg

and to end a laughable image of him fumbling...

tumblr_m90n9kKak51qlmoico1_500.jpg

Edited by Romo

RGIII is not really seen as any more of a savior than Andrew Luck.

Nevermind...I didn't realize who I was responding to. :facepalm: