Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Ngata's Top 5 WR Prospects

Okay this class is a class that just cant fight injuries. That said there is a lot of talent and potential in this class. And this is a very top heavy class in my opinion.

Kennan Allen

6'3" 215

Cal

Keenan-Allen-Cal.jpg

Well to start off the injury riddled class we might as well start with the consensus #1 receiver in the class. He does have all the talent that you would want in a receiver. He has great balance and very quick feet to maneuver in space so he can operate in the middle of the field well.he has a great acceleration off of the ball and can get into his routes quickly and he has very reliable hands. He has good size fora receiver so should be able to hold up in the pros and he is going to be able to take advantage of the smaller DB's in the league. He is coming off of an ankle injury and says as of now he is 100 % or just a little under waiting to get his game conditioning back. He has decent speed but he is not going ot be able to burn the faster DB's in the league with top end speed.

Justin Hunter

6'4" 205

Tennesse

justin_hunter.jpg

He is a complete receiver and is going to go nicely with Tyler Bray and Da'Rick Rodgers as teammates. He is a big guy and has the filled out frame that you would want to see form this guy. He is coming off of an ACL injury that ended his campaign early but with that said he did average 18.5 YPC and was very successful in the games he did play. He is very good at high pointing the ball and coupled with his great leaping ability he is going to be able to out jump DB's at the next level and has great body control. The only think that is going to hurt him may be hid injury with the ACL. However for him I see that as a positive or at least the people in his camp do. It has been noted by his HC, OC, and QB that he is better than ever because he has utilized the weight room and film room during his injury using it to refine his game.

Aaron Mallette

6'4" 215

Elon

6186427591_faeb7d60a9_z.jpg

This guy is far and away my favorite receiver in this draft for a multitude of reasons. The main one is because he is in my mind the best and most dynamic receiver in this draft but is going to get knocked because of his small school. If I was a GM at the bottom of the first and looking for a game breaker I am looking at this guy and thanking the fact he played in a small school. He has the most complete and best skill set in this draft in my opinion. He has good speed to get behind the defense and the acceleration off the ball to eat up the cushion when people are playing off of him to respect his deep speed. He runs great routes and for a small school prospect does not suffer from the small school axiom of being the one trick pony by having a diverse route tree and has polished routes. He has elite body control and leaping ability. The most important part of his game is production. He averages over ten grabs a game and 149 yards to go with it. He had 1639 yards receiving last year. 9 of his 13 games he had over 100 yards and in two of them had 200 yards ( 207 and 239 yards ). He is going to get crucified for his competition but he does not make the schedule but when he played Vandy and their 18th pass defense he lacerated them for over 180 yards. He is my small school gem this year as Chris Greenwood from Albion was last year.

Robert Woods

6'1" 190

USC

robert_woods.jpg

Ahh now for the most overrated prospect in this class of WR's in my opinion this is not to say that he is not without his blessings. He is by far the best route runner in this class in my opinion and does a great job of setting up the defenders in his routes and creaking them off to help the QB out. He is not however this mystical receiver that is just going to annihilate all like he is being touted and is not the number one receiver in this draft. My biggest concern with this guy is the fact that he drops a lot of easy passes. He needs to work on the finer points of the rest of his game but he is going to get inflated numbers this year due to the level of the talent around him. He also only averages 11.8 yards per catch which does not scream game breaker like he is being touted. Again he is not a bad receiver and without his charm but he is going to have to show me something more to climb this list.

Terrance Williams

6'2" 205

Baylor

628x471.jpg

Ok this guy is unproven and he has not produced the amount of production that you would want. That said he has teh deep speed to stretch the field not exactly that of Kendall Wright but enough to get separation. He works the sideline very well and is a tough runner after the catch. You can watch him for 58 minutes of a game and say there is nothing special about him but then will do something spectacular. He just goes out there and gives his QB a really reliable option. AS I said this class as of now is top heavy and there si really not much after Robert woods but this guy won out over about three guys I was considering mainly Da'Rick Rodgers who if he could stop being a dumb ass would have easily beat him out. however I think this guy is going to have a solid campaign and be considered on the second day in possibly the 2nd round but just feels more like a 3rd round guy.

Well house those are the WR's. Feel free to critique and comment.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Okay this class is a class that just cant fight injuries. That said there is a lot of talent and potential in this class. And this is a very top heavy class in my opinion.

Kennan Allen

6'3" 215

Cal

Keenan-Allen-Cal.jpg

Well to start off the injury riddled class we might as well start with the consensus #1 receiver in the class. He does have all the talent that you would want in a receiver. He has great balance and very quick feet to maneuver in space so he can operate in the middle of the field well.he has a great acceleration off of the ball and can get into his routes quickly and he has very reliable hands. He has good size fora receiver so should be able to hold up in the pros and he is going to be able to take advantage of the smaller DB's in the league. He is coming off of an ankle injury and says as of now he is 100 % or just a little under waiting to get his game conditioning back. He has decent speed but he is not going ot be able to burn the faster DB's in the league with top end speed.

Justin Hunter

6'4" 205

Tennesse

justin_hunter.jpg

He is a complete receiver and is going to go nicely with Tyler Bray and Da'Rick Rodgers as teammates. He is a big guy and has the filled out frame that you would want to see form this guy. He is coming off of an ACL injury that ended his campaign early but with that said he did average 18.5 YPC and was very successful in the games he did play. He is very good at high pointing the ball and coupled with his great leaping ability he is going to be able to out jump DB's at the next level and has great body control. The only think that is going to hurt him may be hid injury with the ACL. However for him I see that as a positive or at least the people in his camp do. It has been noted by his HC, OC, and QB that he is better than ever because he has utilized the weight room and film room during his injury using it to refine his game.

Aaron Mallette

6'4" 215

Elon

6186427591_faeb7d60a9_z.jpg

This guy is far and away my favorite receiver in this draft for a multitude of reasons. The main one is because he is in my mind the best and most dynamic receiver in this draft but is going to get knocked because of his small school. If I was a GM at the bottom of the first and looking for a game breaker I am looking at this guy and thanking the fact he played in a small school. He has the most complete and best skill set in this draft in my opinion. He has good speed to get behind the defense and the acceleration off the ball to eat up the cushion when people are playing off of him to respect his deep speed. He runs great routes and for a small school prospect does not suffer from the small school axiom of being the one trick pony by having a diverse route tree and has polished routes. He has elite body control and leaping ability. The most important part of his game is production. He averages over ten grabs a game and 149 yards to go with it. He had 1639 yards receiving last year. 9 of his 13 games he had over 100 yards and in two of them had 200 yards ( 207 and 239 yards ). He is going to get crucified for his competition but he does not make the schedule but when he played Vandy and their 18th pass defense he lacerated them for over 180 yards. He is my small school gem this year as Chris Albion was last year.

Robert Woods

6'1" 190

USC

robert_woods.jpg

Ahh now for the most overrated prospect in this class of WR's in my opinion this is not to say that he is not without his blessings. He is by far the best route runner in this class in my opinion and does a great john of setting up the defenders in his routes and creaking them off to help the QB out. He is not however this mystical receiver that is just going to annihilate all like he is being touted and is not the number one receiver in this draft. My biggest concern with this guy is the fact that he drops a lot of easy passes. He needs to work on the finer points of the rest of his game but he is going to get inflated numbers this year due to the level of the talent around him. He also only averages 11.8 yards per catch which does not scream game breaker like he is being touted. Again he is not a bad receiver and without his charm but he is going to have to show me something more to climb this list.

Terrance Williams

6'2" 205

Baylor

628x471.jpg

Ok this guy is unproven and he has not produced the amount of production that you would want. That said he has teh deep speed to stretch the field not exactly that of Kendall Wright but enough to get separation. He works the sideline very well and is a tough runner after the catch. You can watch ihm for 58 minutes of a game and say there is nothing special about him but then will do something spectacular. He just goes out there and gives his QB a really reliable option. AS I said this class as of now is top heavy and there si really not much after Robert woods but this guy won out ovber about three guys I was considering mainly DA'Rick Rodgers who if he could stop being a dumb ass would have easily beat him out. however I think this guy is going to have a solid campaign and be considered on the second day in possibly the 2nd round but just feels more like a 3rd round guy.

Well house those are the WR's. Feel free to critique and comment.

Sorry for the reply thing I had to adjust an image.

1. Justin Hunter - Tennessee

2. Keenan Allen - Cal

3. Robert Woods - USC

4. Marquess Wilson - Washington State

5. Marcus Davis - Virginia Tech

Mine's.

He is a complete receiver and is going to go nicely with Tyler Bray and Da'Rick Rodgers as teammates.

Rogers has been kicked off the team.

Hunter is going to have an even bigger chance to shine now.

1. Justin Hunter

2. Keenan Allen

3. Marquess Wilson

4. Robert Woods

5. Aaron Mallette

Finally some people who don't overrate Woods and put him at #1..I'm not that high on Terrance Williams,I'd probably put him at 7 or 8..