Sign in to follow this  
Mathias

Sergio Martinez Lays Out Ground Plan For SuperFights

Sergio Martinez adviser Sampson Lewkowicz says that his fighter has three major fights in mind for the future -- if the weights are right. Sure, Sergio has a pretty important and big fight against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr on Saturday night,

Sergio would fight, according to Lewkowicz:

Manny Pacquiao at 152 pounds

Floyd Mayweather at 154 pounds

Andre Ward at 160 pounds

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/9/12/3321514/chavez-jr-vs-martinez-future-fights-mayweather-pacquiao-andre-ward-hbo-boxing-news

He'd beat them all, imo.

Chills were going down my spine.

Find Round 12 on YouTube and watch it if you didn't see this fight. Oh my god.

But Sergio Martinez still won! :rock:

• Upvote 1

I don't even get the "rematch" talk by the announcers after the fight just because of round 12. This fight was a fucking wipe-out, and I don't think said rematch would end up with a different result.

Jr. got totally exposed by a mostly smarter and skilled fighter, and it was awesome.

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

Isn't Floyd undefeated in his entire career? I know next to nothing about boxing, but is this guy really good enough to hand him his first loss? I watched that 12th round video you posted earlier and he didn't look impressive at all, though I do understand he was probably gassed as fuck considering it was the 12th round.

Isn't Floyd undefeated in his entire career? I know next to nothing about boxing, but is this guy really good enough to hand him his first loss? I watched that 12th round video you posted earlier and he didn't look impressive at all, though I do understand he was probably gassed as fuck considering it was the 12th round.

He's a stylistic nightmare for Floyd. What that video doesn't show though was Sergio Martinez blanked JCC 11 rounds to 0 going into the 12th, whereas other fighters would have coasted to a finish, Sergio was trying for a finish and got caught by a desperate fighter who needed a knockout to win. And he didn't clinch, he was still doing what got him there but he was on queer street for half of the round.

Sergio Martinez is really, really good. And matches up speed wise with Floyd, while being the much bigger fighter.

• Upvote 1