Bay

DHB released from hospital, is expected to make full recovery

Link

After a scary moment on Sunday, after a helmet-to-helmet hit from Steelers safety Ryan Mundy that left Raiders receiverDarrius Heyward-Bey motionless on the field for several minutes, the team has announced that Heyward-Bey has been released from the hospital, after spending the night under observation."He is resting at home with a concussion and neck strain, and expected to make a full recovery," the Raiders said.It's great news regarding what looked to be a much more serious injury at the time. Heyward-Bey will not be permitted to play until he passes all league-mandated concussion tests, which are administered by an independent neurologist.

Good to hear.

The Raiders do not have timetable on Darrius Heyward-Bey (concussion, strained neck).

Heyward-Bey was released from the hospital on Monday and expected to make a full recovery. It's unclear, however, when he'll get cleared to return to the field. "The concussion is obviously the bigger issue than anything else right now," coach Dennis Allen said.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Raiders' Darrius Heyward-Bey can't recall Steelers hit

By Gregg Rosenthal Around The League editor Published: Sept. 28, 2012 at 05:00 p.m. Updated: Sept. 28, 2012 at 07:19 p.m.

Don't ask Oakland Raiders receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey to relive the brutal hit he took last week against the Pittsburgh Steelers. He can't remember it.

"I don't remember any of it," Heyward-Bey said, via the Associated Press.

Heyward-Bey has seen the hit on television, but that's all he knows about it. Listed as doubtful on the injury report, it's clear that he's very unlikely to play against the Denver Broncos on Sunday. Heyward-Bey hasn't even started running since the injury.

"So far I've been able to walk, talk and eat," Heyward-Bey said. "Right now I'm just trying to go through the process of trying to get everything right. I'm in tune to what's going on. I don't want to say I've been around for everything but I've been in tune with what's going on."

Via: NFL.com

that's some scary shit

That was ridiculous. Not even a flag. He didn't even go for the ball, just straight for his head with his helmet.