Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

'60 Minutes' Producer Calls Aaron Rodgers "Sensitive"

Aaron Rodgers is sensitive, says '60 Minutes' producer

Aaron Rodgers was disappointed in the final cut of his "60 Minutes" appearance last week. The Green Packers quarterback thought certain answers were edited to fit the show's "agenda" and was upset it didn't air a segment where he discussed the MACC Fund charity.

The show released a statement to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that called Rodgers overly sensitive.

"Aaron Rodgers was never taken out of context and most anybody portrayed as he was on '60 Minutes' would have been flattered by the story," said Jeff Fager, CBS News chairman and the show's executive producer. "It was fair and accurate and it was obvious we got it right when we reported that he tends to be overly sensitive."

Rodgers is extremely protective of his personal life and is very aware of what is written and aired about him. He has taken issue with local media on more than one occasion.

The Packers play the Detroit Lions this week and Detroit reporters asked about Rodgers' "60 minutes" statement that other teams besides the New orleans Saints are guilty of targeting players. It's naive to think that doesn't happen, but Rodgers took another shot at the show.

"I wouldn't put a whole lot of weight into that story," Rodgers said. "It was cut for their purposes, their agenda, and most of the answers were either just portions of a bigger answer or probably not even for the question that was asked. So, I'm not even going to touch that one."

Rest of the article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000095832/article/aaron-rodgers-is-sensitive-says-60-minutes-producer

To put some perspective on this...

Aaron opened himself up to 60 minutes for FOUR MONTHS. He gave them access to his family, his friends, etc... And he was really mad that they went to that MACC Fund (childhood cancer research), and didn't show anything about the kids or the cause or anything of that sort. Instead they took the segment and used it to talk about how sensitive he is.

I could have told you that without watching 60 minutes... I think it would have been awesome if 60 minutes actually delved into who Aaron REALLY is, after he leaves the field... Because he holds his private life so close to him that he really doesn't let many people in.

60 minutes dropped the ball on a good piece, but then again, all they care about is getting people to watch. They did their job and Aaron learned a lesson from the whole thing.

I honestly believe no player should talk to the media...period. not because of the players but because of the media and how fucking ridiculous and loose with their "reporting" they are. I feel bad for the players and to be honest if I am Aaron Rodgers I dont ever speak to the media outside GB team reporters again. He is going to get all the money he needs next year so they have no leverage to get him.

• Upvote 2