Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Perry Fewell

I just want to get some non-Giants fans opinions on him.

I think he's decent, but I read somewhere (I'll try to find it, can't remember where I saw it) where some of the players on our defense said his scheme was confusing. I don't wanna totally shit on the guy since we won a Super Bowl with him calling the plays on defense. Also, he recently came out and blamed the players, not his scheme, for our failures on that side of the ball this season. Maybe he's not totally wrong, but that's kind of a douchey move to go public with it like that, IMO. :shrug:

Either way, he isn't going anywhere for at least another year, since we quietly re-signed him to an extension after the Super Bowl win last season.

What say you, TGP?

I have to go against the players here. They have a lot of talent on that D. But its not like Fewell didn't do well elsewhere, a scheme should never be too confusing for an NFL players, they get paid a ton of money to learn it.

Meh. He was apart of and contributed to something great. You don't have to be great yourself to win the big one. All the pieces just have to come together and fall into place like a well oiled machine. Just know your role / job and execute and it happened last year. I don't think he's anything special imo. Last years D-line in general was just dominant but the drop off was huge this year having like half the amount of sacks.

To his credit, Tuck has kind of pussied out this year. Even went as far as to question his own drive this year. His ex-teammate (his name is escaping me, the old NYG LB, I wanna say his last name starts with a B or W) even said he saw some of that in his character when he played with him. Lots of injuries again to the DBs. Osi is old. JPP had the sophomore jinx.

But overall, I am still kind of meh on Perry... hard to say really. He's probably an average DC in the end. He needs more playmakers and an influx of youth at DE for the defense to show up again. Need some CBs opposite of Prince for sure. Webster got burned all year.

To his credit, Tuck has kind of pussied out this year. Even went as far as to question his own drive this year. His ex-teammate (his name is escaping me, the old NYG LB, I wanna say his last name starts with a B or W) even said he saw some of that in his character when he played with him. Lots of injuries again to the DBs. Osi is old. JPP had the sophomore jinx.

But overall, I am still kind of meh on Perry... hard to say really. He's probably an average DC in the end. He needs more playmakers and an influx of youth at DE for the defense to show up again. Need some CBs opposite of Prince for sure. Webster got burned all year.

Tuck is getting older and the injuries have caught up with him. He's terrible now. JPP is fine, he didn't put up the sack numbers like last year but he was still pretty good. He's the least of my worries.

C-Webb was absolutely dreadful. I'll agree there. Our secondary is a mess right now.

I don't get all the Stevie Brown love, though (Not referring to you, Campin). He's pretty average at best in coverage, IMO, and was fortunate to have a lot of his picks thrown right to him, which any competent safety should make. I'd take a healthy Kenny Phillips over him, easily. Just sucks that KP can't stay healthy.

Osi is a FA and is as good as gone. We won't pay him what he wants.

Edited by BLUE

Average DC who had a lot of talent to work with through the years, once those guys start to slow down he had no clue how to scheme to cover it up. Your scheme on D should simple as it can get.

Average DC who had a lot of talent to work with through the years, once those guys start to slow down he had no clue how to scheme to cover it up. Your scheme on D should simple as it can get.

Another Cowboys fan :puke:

Joking! Welcome to the Boards!

JPP wasn't actually bad this year, he picked up his game against the run for sure, and his pressure was there, it just didn't translate into sacks.

• Upvote 1