Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

New Jags GM Says NO to Tebow

15oc851.jpg

The Jacksonville Jaguars held a press conference on Thursday afternoon to introduce new general manager David Caldwell to fans and media. It didn't take long for the first question to Caldwell about New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow, who's constantly mentioned with the Jaguars.

As expected however, Caldwell declined to speak about the Jets backup quarterback.

"He is a member of the New York Jets so I cant imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar," Caldwell said. "Even if he's released."

Caldwell signed a 5-year deal to be GM of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Heard that based on the interviews, GM candidates didn't think the Jaguars were gonna force Tebow on them. Caldwell seemed to back that up

Jessica Blaylock ‏@jblay1983

Khan got a little frustrated having to repeatedly take Tebow questions. Says he put that decision in the football guys hands & they passed.

DjlXy.gif

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

When he first said that he didn't foresee an event in which he could see Tebow as a Jag, I was all:

tumblr_m6hbe8MfVf1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

because I figured it's the typical, "We're not going to talk about a player since he's under contract with another team" coach/gm-speak, but when he threw in the, "Even if he's released", at the end I was all:

jonah-hill.gif

I like this Caldwell guy.

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

I love Greg Jones.

You guys took a great man from us in Caldwell. He's a guy that does the job to the best of his, and is a Dimitroff type of personality, he will def. get your organization on the right track.

• Upvote 1