Maverick

Champions League Thread

A week ago I would have said this is a 0-0 game but after that 9-2 win over Hamburg I see that Bayern is really in the scoring mode. Juve will have a hard time stopping their offense. My prediction is a 2-2 game.

I'm calling this now. PSG beats Barcelona today and eventually proceeds to semifinals.

No. Barca are winning today 3-2.

No. Barca are winning today 3-2.

Never underestimate PSG.

It was definitely a close game. If Messi didn't get injured my prediction probably would have been dead on. :p Sounds like the little man isn't seriously injured, though. Ibra's goal was miles offside, but poetic justice evened it out when Barca got the PK. PSG deserved the draw so good on Valdes to give up a howler at the end haha.

Didn't watch Juve-Bayern, but it sounded like Bayern ran riot. They're just raping everyone this year. I heard Juve were committing a lot of fouls and trying to play dirty. If there was one team in the world that could keep a clean sheet against Bayern it's them, but even they couldn't. Bayern are even statistically better on the road. O_O

It was definitely a close game. If Messi didn't get injured my prediction probably would have been dead on. :p Sounds like the little man isn't seriously injured, though. Ibra's goal was miles offside, but poetic justice evened it out when Barca got the PK. PSG deserved the draw so good on Valdes to give up a howler at the end haha.

Didn't watch Juve-Bayern, but it sounded like Bayern ran riot. They're just raping everyone this year. I heard Juve were committing a lot of fouls and trying to play dirty. If there was one team in the world that could keep a clean sheet against Bayern it's them, but even they couldn't. Bayern are even statistically better on the road. O_O

Yeah,Ibrahimovic was definitely offside and I knew Barca would score another one after that,with a penalty or not. I'm really pulling for the outsiders this year and even though there are very small chances for PSG to get to semis,I'm still rooting for them.

I didn't watch the Bayern-Juve game but my friends told me Juve had a really hard time stopping Bayern's offense and like you said,they committed a lot of fouls. Looks like Bayern wants to repeat and get into the finals second year in a row,which is very possible. If PSG doesn't make it,Dortmund-Bayern finals would be epic :yep:

Unrelated but related... Euroleagues shirts and sweatshirts are so expensive. Good God...

Blame Turkish Airlines :yep:

Does it cost as much where you're at as it does here?

Not sure what the prices look like there but I know everything got more expensive here ever since the Turkish Airlines became the main sponsor of Euroleague,from tickets to jerseys and stuff.

DMac, sometimes you're better off searching Ebay for the cheaper ones produced in Thailand or Malaysia. They're obviously not the authentic ones, but pretty damn close and for about half the price you can't beat it.

Obviously make sure the seller is highly-rated, but that's what I suggest. Looking for a specific player or team?

Bale injured...

the rest of Spurs season------> :chair:<------- Mr. Injury bug

This is why you have to watch Champions League. Two great matches. This is how I rank the highlights of tonight's matchups:

1. Dortmund losing 1:2 until the 91st minute and scoring two goals in two minutes to proceed to semis

2. Galatasaray beating Real Madrid,which is quite impressive,after trailing 0:1 at the half

3. lolAlvaroArbeloa getting two yellow cards in one minute :rofl:

Plus this,I forgot:

iEVpry0sJDWqi.gif

Hopefully tomorrow's matchups are as good as these ones.

Edited by housemd
  • Upvote 1

Bale injured...

the rest of Spurs season------> :chair:<------- Mr. Injury bug

crying-oklahoma-state-player-sports-crying-gifs.gif

IT'S NOT FAIR!

IT'S NOT FAIR!

Not even just Bale, but Lennon too? Completely kills Spurs' attack. Now it's just hoping Dembele pulls off some magic and finds someone with a clear angle. :(

This is not Champions League related but I simply had to post it. I'd stop playing soccer after this.

jela29dn0ho0lankzsw.gif

• Upvote 2

That's a pretty funny gif, house.

Campin, you must be happy. Bale returned on the weekend and just lit shit up. Anybody else see Suarez' bite? lmao crazy fuck. I was laughing forever..who bites somebody?

I'm going to go with 2-2, House. Messi IS playing so we'll see how he performs recovering from injury. I can't watch the game live but I'm definitely recording it. Matchup worthy of a final.

This is probably the best performance by Barca's opponent in the last 10 years.

Looking forward to an all-German finals :yep:

Boom,4-1 Dortmund. What a brilliant performance by Lewandowski.

house strikes again, don't know how serious you were about Bayern smashing Barca and Dortmund smashing Real but by god you called it.

@ Mav, yeah dude, having Bale back is such a relief. That was a rough stretch. Glad to see Defoe end his drought too. Now we likely get Lennon back for Wigan this weekend.

:devious:

Arsenal up 2 pts but we have a game in hand. Chelsea only up a point, but Spurs and Chelsea face off soon AND Chelsea has the hardest schedule out of the three fighting for the Champions placement.

Let's GO!

house strikes again, don't know how serious you were about Bayern smashing Barca and Dortmund smashing Real but by god you called it.

I was serious. :yep:

• Upvote 1

soc_a_bale_200.jpg

:shrug:

:troll:

Tottenham fucking up though smh. Should of never drawed with Wigan. Still a game in hand with Arsenal, but we're gonna need them to lose at least once.

Suarez is the player of the year.

Nice, Campin. Hell of an accomplishment. Last player to do that was CR7. o_O

I'd actually give it to Bale over Suarez, house. RVP can suck my dick, but Bale is probably the best choice. It'd be kinda lame if the Player of the Year was on a team that's not even finishing in a European spot. Bale carried Tottenham and when he wasn't in the squad they suffered.

It'd be kinda lame if the Player of the Year was on a team that's not even finishing in a European spot.

That's totally irrelevant,imo. If the player is playing lights out all year he deserves to get the award. His team's standing shouldn't matter.