Sign in to follow this  
RANGA

Ray Rice Speaks Out Against Bullying

wprQgpt.jpg

Can't believe things like this actually happen in this world :(

And props to Ray Rice for actually trying to do something about it.

Edited by RANGA
  • Upvote 1

This is a great thing that Ray Rice is doing in his contribution to try to eradicate bullying. I think he has a very valid point that we need to investigate why people bully other students, and also seriously look into whether there needs to be a law that makes bullying someone else (someone under the age of 18 where it almost exclusively occurs) a felony!

Thoughts?

A felony for a kid who's 12 years old?

You have got to look a bit deeper into ideas, Devin. Someone shoves someone else into the ground, you want them in jail? With a felony on their permanent record? A bully needs a swift kick in the rear, temporarily, and mental help if its a continuous occurrence.

A felony for a kid who's 12 years old?

You have got to look a bit deeper into ideas, Devin. Someone shoves someone else into the ground, you want them in jail? With a felony on their permanent record? A bully needs a swift kick in the rear, temporarily, and mental help if its a continuous occurrence.

I wasn't endorsing that idea, I was just suggesting that they should look into it! Every possible action that can be taken to help eradicate this problem from schools, and generally everywhere, should be part of the conversation and the menu of possible solutions to bullying.

If bullying was part of the Criminal Code of a particular State (I see no need or role for the Federal Government in this realm because I personally see a limited to no role for the Federal Government in Education to begin with :yep: ), then I think it should be the last resort after a number of other measures have been taken to try and correct the behavious of the individual who is bullying other students. Maybe like a 3 strikes rule, something along the lines of that potentially! :shrug:

I also think that tools / ways for other students who want to help the bullying victim but don't want to look like a snitch or be subject to potential future bullying themselves for telling a teacher, parent, etc should have some way of doing it without them being noticed. Maybe like a text or phone call line to like an abuse center, but have a separate division in that particular abuse center for reporting bullying incidents exclusively. :shrug:

A little verbal bullying every now and again? Not a big deal, every kid goes through it.

Excessive verbal bullying or physical bullying? Should definitely not be allowed and the punishment should be more than just a warning to cut it out by a teacher.

• Upvote 1

A little verbal bullying every now and again? Not a big deal, every kid goes through it.

Excessive verbal bullying or physical bullying? Should definitely not be allowed and the punishment should be more than just a warning to cut it out by a teacher.

What do you think any potential punishment should be? :shrug: