DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Franchises with/without franchise QBs

I don't know why people like to say Freeman is regressing. He had a career high in yards and TDs this past season. If anything, his problem is inconsistency. Subpar rookie year, awesome sophmore year, followed it up with a massive stinker and then improved back to somewhat close to 2010 level.

With that said, I wouldn't consider him as a franchise QB, but declining is the wrong word for him.

the main reason I said he was regressing is that his completion percentage dropped from 62.8 to 54.8, which is a pretty huge drop, and I think the yardage total was skewed a bit by the addition of V-Jax, giving him two very good WRs, that said I'm sure you watch more Bucs games than I do so you probably have a better idea of his progression, but either way he falls in the Questionable category for the same reason I listed for the Rams, he hasn't shown enough to keep me from looking at other options, but he's good enough that I don't need to panic about replacing him immediately

the main reason I said he was regressing is that his completion percentage dropped from 62.8 to 54.8, which is a pretty huge drop, and I think the yardage total was skewed a bit by the addition of V-Jax, giving him two very good WRs, that said I'm sure you watch more Bucs games than I do so you probably have a better idea of his progression, but either way he falls in the Questionable category for the same reason I listed for the Rams, he hasn't shown enough to keep me from looking at other options, but he's good enough that I don't need to panic about replacing him immediately

I think the completion percentage drop is a scheme thing more than anything. Under Greg Olson we ran a pretty conservative offense with a lot of safe throws. Mike Sullivan's offense opened things up way more and Freeman took way more shots instead of dumping it down to Erik Lorig or Dallas Clark or something. It is still no excuse for a percentage that low, but it is obviously the reason why it dropped.

But I still wouldn't put Freeman in consideration as a franchise QB. I just think he has a consistency issue over a declining issue.

• Upvote 2

But I still wouldn't put Freeman in consideration as a franchise QB. I just think he has a consistency issue over a declining issue.

Freeman better make a case he's a franchise QB this year.