Sign in to follow this  
BucMad

Cody Grimm arrested for public intoxication!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Cody Grimm was arrested for public intoxication in Leesburg, Virginia according to a Washington Post report. The arrest happened at 5:30 a.m. at a Hampton Inn. The charge is a misdemeanor, but it's the second time Grimm has been arrested on the same charge this year, as he was arrested on March 10 but given a "deferred disposition". That charge could now return as well.

The Buccaneers responded with a statement saying that they are "disappointed to hear of this situation." Greg Schiano noted that "Our players know our expectations on and off the field and we take these matters very seriously. When we feel we have obtained all the necessary information, we will act accordingly."

Grimm a seventh round pick of the 2010 draft, started 12 games over his first two seasons, both of which were shortened by injuries. Grimm didn't appear to be back to his 2010 form last season, though, and had a special teams role only. He was surpassed by both Ahmad Black and Keith Tandy on the depth chart last season and there appears to be little room for him on defense.

The Bucs could act swiftly and release Grimm, even though the charge is a misdemeanor and not necessarily a big deal. The Bucs forced Grimm to take a pay cut this season as well, and two misdemeanor public intoxication charges gives them little reason to hang on to him.

Good Bye Cody, :hiya: can't do stupid stuff and expect to still keep your job!

Edited by BucMad

He just tore it up in practice today, may of redeemed himself. He has had a few freak injuries that have derailed his career. Still a good STer.

He just tore it up in practice today, may of redeemed himself. He has had a few freak injuries that have derailed his career. Still a good STer.

IDK...dont know if it will help any.. I agree the injuries have hurt him, and from what I've been reading he was already on the bubble, but maybe they'll let him work through it if they feel he is good enough to make the cut. TBH, I think he'll be released. But we'll see!

This is the second time Grimm has been arrested this year. I agree with BucMad in thinking he'll get cut. Schiano doesn't tolerate nonsense like this and Grimm has struggled to stay healthy the past few years. He won't be anything more than a backup or STer anyways.