BC

Most Anticipated games of 2013

So what defines a rivalry, bro?

Can't be a rivalry if it's one sided. 1-5 since 2010. That's one sided. Absolute pure hate and nastiness between the two teams also is a must. I haven't seen Atlanta and Carolina take it to that level yet.

Also, it helps it your QB isn't a fan of the opposing team. :laugh:

So now, are you going to attempt to explain to me what makes the Falcons-Panthers matchup a rivalry?

The NFC East can't touch the NFC South based off last year. It's not even a discussion. You can make the playoffs being 9-7 in the NFC East. That's not happening in the NFC South. Just because the games are tough within the division (NFCE) doesn't mean we are a tough division.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Still waiting on Thanatos' explanation on why Falcons-Panthers is a rivalry. Don't be shy to show your expertise, brah.

Im just curious, have you actually watched any Falcons/Panthers games?

I'm not claiming its a rivalry on par with BAL/PIT but it is sure as hell a rivalry. The players hate each other, recently they've been intense and close games. You can spout your 5-1 number all you want, but its 3-1 since 2011 which is what counts because that's when Cam got here. And just because the Dirty Birds have taken 3 out of 4 doesn't mean they weren't close games. Last year, the Panthers were up 23-7 and the Falcons came back and won in the second half. Look past the records sometimes, bro.

Oh and games with Clausen as QB don't count, the Panthers weren't competitive at all that year- with anyone, not just division games.

Edited by Thanatos19

Last years Panthers vs Falcons games made it a must watch for me. Both games were extremely fun games and very close to the last minute. I think a rivalry was created; even adding a little sauce to it when Ryan said "GTFO the field." If the Panthers can stay competitive like they did last year or possibly even better, I think those matchups can build to something great.

Im just curious, have you actually watched any Falcons/Panthers games?

Pretty sure I was able to catch both games at the bar last year, yeah.

I'm not claiming its a rivalry on par with BAL/PIT but it is sure as hell a rivalry. The players hate each other, recently they've been intense and close games. You can spout your 5-1 number all you want, but its 3-1 since 2011 which is what counts because that's when Cam got here.

So you've had close and intense games over the past 2 seasons in which you've gone 1-3. News flash, it's not a fucking rivalry! :laugh: I've said it twice before and I'll say it again, the Falcons-Panthers matchup has a LONG way to go before it's considered a rivalry.

And just because the Dirty Birds have taken 3 out of 4 doesn't mean they weren't close games. Last year, the Panthers were up 23-7 and the Falcons came back and won in the second half. Look past the records sometimes, bro.

It still doesn't change the fact that they lost. They kept it close during games? Great, but you have to win your share of games to make it a rivalry.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam's favorite team swept the Panthers this season. Would you still be arguing it's a rivalry? ''BUT, BUT, BUT WE KEPT IT CLOSE!!!111''.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis

It doesn't matter if it's a rivalry when the teams are dogshit. You're seriously telling me you'd rather watch 2 shitty teams that are rivals face other, rather than 2 current good teams face each other just because they don't have as much history or a 'rivalry' as the other teams?

LOL @ you.

Even other NFC East fans have admitted their division is dogshit.

It doesn't matter if it's a rivalry when the teams are dogshit. You're seriously telling me you'd rather watch 2 shitty teams that are rivals face other, rather than 2 current good teams face each other just because they don't have as much history or a 'rivalry' as the other teams?

Only NFC South matchup that I'd rather watch than an NFC East rivalry is Saints/Falcons. The Bucs and Panthers haven't established themselves as ''good teams''.

Lots of NFC South jimmies being rustled in this thread.

Only NFC South matchup that I'd rather watch than an NFC East rivalry is Saints/Falcons. The Bucs and Panthers haven't established themselves as ''good teams''.

Lots of NFC South jimmies being rustled in this thread.

If you'd rather watch those dogshit teams rather than Bucs/Falcons, I don't know what to tell you other than you must not watch many of our matchups. 5 of our last 6 games have been decided by 6 points or less, with the Falcons winning 4 and the Bucs winning 2 and they've all came down to the wire. The only game that wasn't close was in 2011 when our team gave up and got blown out by every team, including the Jaguars, so that game really shouldn't even count.

In the last 10 games of the amazing Eagles/Giants rivalry, the Eagles have won 8 of them.

In the last 10 games of the Giants/Redskins rivalry, the Giants have won 7 of them.

You're really looking forward that much to those games and you're not even a fan of either team? lol at you. You're one of the few.

• Upvote 2