Sign in to follow this  
housemd

Arian Foster's Week 1 availability in doubt?

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle expressed concern about Arian Foster's (back, calf) Week 1 availability on Twitter Sunday.

"If I'm (coach Gary) Kubiak and Arian Foster has a back injury that's requiring injections and feeling pain in legs, I'm worried about him for opener," wrote McClain. At a Sunday presser, Kubiak revealed Foster's back pain "has gone into his legs," and doctors advised injections to alleviate it. "They tell me these injections take time," said Kubiak. "We're taking our time. ... The running back picture is concerning." Foster has missed every timeline to return to practice the Texans' coaches and medical staff have set in front of him. After three years of overuse, it's fair to wonder if Foster's body is beginning to break down.

Asked if he'll be ready for Week 1, Arian Foster (calf, back) said, "Yeah, I'll be ready."

"I'm not a huge fan of preseason," Foster said. "I feel like I'll be ready for Sept. 9 without (it). I've just got to get myself acclimated. I know my body and I knew it wasn't a huge issue. I had to give it time." Foster has been battling calf and back injuries since May, but he was finally activated off active/PUP Wednesday. Coach Gary Kubiak doesn't think it's a "must" for his bell-cow back to be ready for the opener, but he's expressed continuous optimism. We don't doubt Foster will be ready, but him being able to stay on the field and carry his usual load is a whole other story. Rotoworld's Evan Silva wouldn't draft him in the first round.

If the Texans don't want his long term availability in doubt, they better slack off on some of his touches and give those youngsters some carries. They are going to grind Foster into the dirt.

I hope he plays week one. Bring it. Corey's hungry.

I hope he plays week one. Bring it. Corey's hungry.

I am going to be a Chargers fan week 1!!! :corn:

They'd be wise to get Ben Tate 10 + carries against a Chargers team that they can glide by to a win.