Vin

Rams @ Falcons

We just get too conservative and it was yet again shown. I love what our offense looks like when Rodgers is in at running back, I was a little down that we didn't see much of him last weekend. I love the addition of Jackson and what he brings to the team, but with the line we have, I'd almost wish we hadn't signed him when I watch the two headed Rodgers/Snelling show. Jason Snelling certainly deserves more reps (He may get them with Ewing injured).

Harry Douglas is finally looking like he's going to have the season that people have been expecting out of him the past 3 years in a row now.

Our defense looks great. Although, it's tough to look good on defense when you're absolutely gassed near the end of the game because the offense is so conservative. Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter need to light up the score board even when ahead.

I thought some might find the playing time list interesting:

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-falcons/2013/sep/16/falcons-playtime-percentage-chart-vs-rams/

If you look at the list you will see that there are SEVERAL key Falcons that missed a ton of time. Ewing, Jackson, Samuel, Weatherspoon and Biermann especially. Really remarkable the Falcons were able to pull out the game missing all of those KEY people against what looks to be a pretty good Rams team.

From a different perspective also notice that Moore and DeCoud both anchored the defense playing every snap. WillyMo really laid out some massive hits in the game too. Falcons are blessed to have those two players playing at the safety position. They certainly could do a lot worse!