Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Cowboys @ Eagles

I've already said that Dallas' defensive stats are inflated by 3 games against Eli, Rivers, Peyton. Otherwise, they've held teams to 17, 16, 7, and 3 points respectively. Four games, 43 points. Held LeSean McCoy under 60 yards rushing. Held DeSean Jackson to something around 20 yards receiving. Yeah, we can say Foles was off all we want, but it's not like he had wide open receivers all game. Dallas played phenomenal defense.

And let's not discount Philly, who were glued to Dez Bryant all day. Tony should have been looking for Williams and Miles a lot more. Though I don't think Joseph Randle had a single negative rush, the Eagles held him under 70 yards.

These defenses are not bad so much as have played elite QBs who've inflated their statistics. There are worse defenses in this league than Dallas and Philadelphia. Significantly worse defenses.

I've already said that Dallas' defensive stats are inflated by 3 games against Eli, Rivers, Peyton. Otherwise, they've held teams to 17, 16, 7, and 3 points respectively. Four games, 43 points. Held LeSean McCoy under 60 yards rushing. Held DeSean Jackson to something around 20 yards receiving. Yeah, we can say Foles was off all we want, but it's not like he had wide open receivers all game. Dallas played phenomenal defense.

And let's not discount Philly, who were glued to Dez Bryant all day. Tony should have been looking for Williams and Miles a lot more. Though I don't think Joseph Randle had a single negative rush, the Eagles held him under 70 yards.

These defenses are not bad so much as have played elite QBs who've inflated their statistics. There are worse defenses in this league than Dallas and Philadelphia. Significantly worse defenses.

I can buy that Dallas' stats are inflated right now against effective offenses, but Philly also has had a very effective offense to this point in the season. So it stood to reason that they could possibly replicate what other effective offenses have done.

I can buy that Dallas' stats are inflated right now against effective offenses, but Philly also has had a very effective offense to this point in the season. So it stood to reason that they could possibly replicate what other effective offenses have done.

Eh. I think both defenses were good yesterday more than the offenses were bad. Dallas' playcalling has been solid all year but both KC and Philly have stifled them with excellent defensive games. I mean, I'd rather have either of these defenses than Denver's or Minnesota's or Washington's, and that's only three teams off the top of my head. I'm fairly sure I'd take them over other defenses, as well.

I think both of these defenses will be solid for the rest of the year. Maybe not great, but certainly good enough.

Quick edit: I'm not openly discussing picking the Eagles anymore. I completely understand the reasoning, was just giving people shit. Now I'm just talking about the defenses being better than people think.

Edited by BwareDWare94