Sign in to follow this  
BC

Marshall Mathers LP 2 drops today :rock:

Today is a great day. MarshallMathersLP2 has officially dropped. This is the best Eminem album yet. Such an overwhelmingly deep connection to why he originally got into music and using the altar ego as the ultimate motivator. Most creative man alive.

Edited by BC

Disappointed there is no song with Slaughterhouse...they usually raise his game and in general I think signing them to his label has put Em, himself, back on track.

This album isn't even close to as good as Recovery, or even the Eminem Show imo. It's still very good though.

• Downvote 1

:shrug: I think Recovery is his best album. Not by leaps and bounds or anything but after being gone for so long and putting out trash like Relapse I thought it was amazing. Lyrically, technically, etc etc. You guys aren't the first ones to tell me you didn't like it though, idk. Cold Wind Blows, On Fire, Seduction, Space Bound, The Way You Lie, Your Never Over (about Proof) are all better than half the songs on the new one imo. He smoked Lil Wayne on No Love (admittedly I thought it was one of lil Wayne's best verses, I hate that guy). Untitled is absolutely amazing, and the secret track with Slaughterhouse is just sick. He really goes hard from start to finish pretty much I thought.

Outside of Bad Guy, Legacy, Rap God, Monster and Headlights (possibly my favorite) none of the other songs really blew my mind or anything. I really want to like Love Game cus I like Kendrick Lamar so much, but the hook is so annoying. Rhyme or Reason is ok, but idk at some points the sample didn't work with his flow or whatever for me. Berzerk is arguably his worst song ever imo.

I personally think the album was above average. It was better then Recovery, but I wouldn't put it on the top half of his stuff. There's no middle point for me. All of them are either great or can't listen to for more then 30 seconds.