Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Best Albums of 2013

Just about time to reflect on the year that was in music. Here's my Top 5.

5. Okkervil River - The Silver Gymnasium

4. The Dismemberment Plan - Uncanny Valley

3. The Head and the Heart - Let's Be Still

2. Portugal. The Man - Evil Friends

1. The National - Trouble Will Find Me

Southeastern by Jason Isbell

Trident, I think you'd love Isbell. Give him a try.

Haken - The Mountain

I don't know 5 albums that released this year, but seriously, this is good stuff.

Best 6 (oops) albums I've heard all year- All genre wise (from what I've heard)..

6. Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire Weekend

Someone who I met on campus took me for the kind of person who likes music of all genres (except country and heavy rock) so she recommended it to me. Kept raving about it so I gave it a listen and since, its gotten a ton of plays on my Itunes. Really chill stuff.

5. Pure Heroine - Lorde

Every single song on here I love. Her voice + beats work perfectly. It's pop so its mostly mainstream, but she's got major talent. And you can tell she's still maturing vocally. I get a ton of homework done listening to it.

4. Love in the Future - John Legend

I HATE R&B music. With a passion. But not John Legend. This album was amazing, and working more with Kanye as one of the producers was a smart decision imo.

3. Acid Rap - Chance the Rapper

I know its a mix-tape, but I loved it so much it might as well of been an album. Everything I love about the album can be put into one line: "I used to tell hoes I was dark light or off white".

2. My Name is My Name - Pusha T

Pusha-T is what Jay-z used to be and is no longer. Bars and bars for days.

1. yeezus.jpg

Anybody who sees me post shouldn't be surprised. Yeezus imo is the best album of the year by far, regardless of genre. Take that statement for granted as its based solely on the genres I listen to. People hate on Kanye, but in many ways, I see him as someone to look up to.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

IDK. The first time I heard Yeezus I almost threw up.

But then the more I listened to it, the more and more I started liking it. It's an adventure literally from the time you play the first seconds of the first song to the last one. Ye has never been known for being a great lyricist and its no different on this album, but still, the production completely makes up for that.

But seeing how my first reaction was to it, I can see how some people think it sucks. lol.