Sign in to follow this  
southgadawg

Complex Fantasy League Baseball

This is NOT any sort of official Gridiron palace fantasy league by any shot...it is however not your normal league. I have played ones similar before and decided I'd start one up on my own this season. I have it set as private for now (I have a few friends who might be interested) and the draft is set as a auto-pick draft on March 16th so for now plenty of time to make up your mind. It is a head to head league but the scoring has 15 matchups for the batters and 15 matchups for the pitchers...most are positive but some are negative counting ones (which you don't want to lead). It is also a 20 team league with a 40 man roster...yeah you got that right 40 man roster. 8 are bench slots and 2 DL spots per team. This means in order to have a good team you should have to reach a little deeper and know the no names and a few rookies (with 8 bench slots at least you have some depth to sit a prospect or two). It is an ESPN fantasy league. The league is actually named:

Not for the Faint of Heart

the password is faint2014heart

I would prefer if you put a team in that you be at least fairly active (in other words checking your teams a couple times of week at least) and realize this is only done for fun. Other than that I don't mind who gets into it. Good luck to any who decide to undergo this.

I'm game.

I'm really put off by the auto-draft.

I did that because in a 20 player league a lot of time it is very difficult to get the majority of players there at one time...plus it a fun league so it isn't as critical as if it was a money league. TBH I also cannot guarantee which days I might have a bad day healthwise so everyone is pretty much even. You can however set your rank choices for each position, and also for total player pool. You can also adjust your draft strategy based on your own ideals as well. I was in 12 free leagues last season (11 of which I made the playoffs, winning 4) that were all 10 player leagues or higher and I used the auto picks for me in all of them (with my adjustments of course). I played some standard leagues, and many non standard ones, h2h, as well as rotisserie ones. The only one that was stunk was one i got in right before the draft and it was an auction league. That was the only one I failed to make the playoffs in. My lesson learned (next auction league I will have try hard to be there).

Oh and if the day before the draft I don't have enough players I will change it to a public league (which generally fills up in minutes).

I have a few owners already (with a few others saying they will join sometime soon) but I do understand how this isn't your ordinary league and it may put some potential owners off. I'd thought i'd give you a bit more info in the possibility that someone from TGP might join up.

These are the actual categories:

Batting:

Batting Average (AVG) Home Runs (HR)
Runs Scored ® Runs Batted In (RBI)
Stolen Bases (SB) Total Bases (TB)
Strikeouts (K) Doubles (2B)
Triples (3B) Walks (BB)
Sacrifices (SAC) Caught Stealing (CS)
Fielding Pct (FPCT) Errors (E)
Double Plays Turned (DPT)

Pitching:

Earned Run Average (ERA)* Strikeouts (K)
Walks plus Hits Per Innings Pitched (WHIP)* Wins (W)
Saves (SV) Quality Starts (QS)
Losses (L)* Holds (HD)
Appearances (G) Innings Pitched (IP)
Strikeouts per 9 Innings (K/9) Blown Saves (BS)*
Complete Games (CG) Shutouts (SO)
Strikeout to Walk Ratio (K/BB)
*Minimum 10 IP

ROSTER

Current Roster Size: 40
Total Starters: 32
Total On Bench: 8 (2 DL)
POSITION STARTERS MAXIMUM