Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Game of Thrones Season 5

Another thing about the Mountain... they really did not establish how much of a fucking monster he is in the show.

Long ass book quote incoming:

"After the Hand's tourney, it were, before the war come," Chiswyck was saying. "We were on our ways back west, seven of us with Ser Gregor. Raff was with me, and young Joss Stilwood, he'd squired for Ser in the lists. Well, we come on this pisswater river, running high on account there'd been rains. No way to ford, but there's an alehouse near, so there we repair. Ser rousts the brewer and tells him to keep our horns full till the waters fall, and you should see the man's pig eyes shine at the sight o' silver. So he's fetching us ale, him and his daughter, and poor thin stuff it is, no more'n brown piss, which don't make me any happier, nor Ser neither. And all the time this brewer's saying how glad he is to have us, custom being slow on account o' them rains. The fool won't shut his yap, not him, though, Ser is saying not a word, just brooding on the Knight o' Pansies and that bugger's trick he played. You can see how tight his mouth sits, so me and the other lads we know better'n to say a squeak to him, but this brewer he's got to talk, he even asks how m'lord fared in the jousting. Ser just gave him this look." Chiswyck cacked, quaffed his ale, and wiped the foam away with the back of his hand. "Meaning, this daughter of his has been fetching and pouring, a fat little thing, eighteen or so-"

"Thirteen, more like," Raff the Sweetling drawled.

"Well, be that as it may, she's not much to look at, but Eggon's been drinking and gets to touching her, and might be I did a little touching meself, and Raff's telling young Stilwood that he ought t' drag the girl upstairs and make hisself a man, giving the lad courage as it were. Finally Joss reaches up under her skirt, and she shrieks and drops her flagon and goes running off to the kitchen. Well, it would have ended right there, only what does the old fool do but he goes to Ser and asks him to make us leave the girl alone, him being an anointed knight and all such.

"Ser Gregor, he wasn't paying no mind to none of our fun, but now he looks, you know how he does, and he commands that the girl be brought before him. Now the old man has to drag her out of the kitchen, and no one to blame but hisself. Ser looks her over and says, 'So this is the whore you're so concerned for,' and this besotted old fool says, 'My Layna's no whore, ser,' right to Gregor's face. Ser, he never blinks, just says, 'She is now,' tosses the old man another silver, rips the dress off the wench, and takes her right there on the table in front of her da, her flopping and wiggling like a rabbit and making these noises. The look on the old man's face, I laughed so hard ale was coming out me nose. Then this boy hears the noise, the son I figure, and comes rushing up from the cellar, so Raff has to stick a dirk in his belly. By then Ser's done, so he goes back to his drinking and we all have a turn. Tobbot, you know how he is, he flops her over and goes in the back way. The girl was done fighting by the time I had her, maybe she'd decided she liked it after all, though to tell the truth I wouldn't have minded a little wiggling. And now here's the best bit ... when it's all done, Ser tells the old man that he wants his change. The girl wasn't worth a silver, he says ... and damned if that old man didn't fetch a fistful of coppers, beg m'lord's pardon, and thank him for the custom!"

The men all roared, none louder than Chiswyck himself, who laughed so hard at his own story that snot dribbled from his nose down into his scraggy grey beard.

This is why I have absolutely no sympathy for what's about to happen to him. He's a bastard, one of the worst in the series, and deserves every last bit of the painful death Oberyn gives him.

Next episode spoilers

WHERE THE HELL IS MY MANNIS

Was that a Game of Thrones first? One location the entire show?

Was that a Game of Thrones first? One location the entire show?

Blackwater, Season 2 Episode 9.

Also, I need a .gif of that giant shooting that dude like 100 feet through the air that was fucking awesome. And RIP Ygritte. You were sexy.

All too fitting.

Also, someone tell me why Olly is a better shot than 99% of the NW. I understand the drama or whatever you want to call it by having him kill her, but.. that was kinda lame. Lmao.

Edited by Favre4Ever

All too fitting.

Also, someone tell me why Olly is a better shot than 99% of the NW. I understand the drama or whatever you want to call it by having him kill her, but.. that was kinda lame. Lmao.

He does mention that he was the best archer in his village. And I knew that was gonna happen probably six weeks ago. No point in having him around otherwise.

As a whole I liked the episode, but I figured Jon treating with Mance would happen this week.

What...? So.. Is he not in the books, or?

Jon / Mance should be good though.

Nope. In the books we don't know who shoots Ygritte, but she does die in Jon's arms with those famous last words. There's no kid who has a role even remotely close to his.

Seems like most of the things I find to be lame (relative to the overall epicness of the show) is stuff that they changed from the books. Lol.

Stop that.

I think it was the former boy whore Satin that was supposed to have killed Ygritte. Aka a character we'll never see in show.

Whew... just caught up on the last two episodes. God damn.

Sooo I take it the mountain isn't dead yet? That was my favorite fight in the series... until the end.

John Snow vs. Hellraiser-sans-Pins was pretty epic too. Love that the show likes to tease you with a semblance that there might be some justice in this world and then KUUN KUUN KUUN all your favorite people are dead. RIP Ygritte and your perfect ginger tits. :(

Does it take like a week to collapse the tunnel under the wall? Or fill it with shit... like exploding barrels? "Yeah we should have done that thing you said" ... "well lets do it now... or after this wave maybe?"

Next episode spoilers

WHERE THE HELL IS MY MANNIS

I dont think they are doing that until next season.

More spoilers for next episode:

Anyone else realize they are going to have Tyrion kill Tywin on Father's Day?

Also: Lady Stoneheart, yes or no?

Edited by Thanatos19

I dont think they are doing that until next season.

More spoilers for next episode:

Anyone else realize they are going to have Tyrion kill Tywin on Father's Day?

Also: Lady Stoneheart, yes or no?

Oh no, Mannis absolutely arrives next week. Also yes to Stoneheart. Very lost shot.

Oh no, Mannis absolutely arrives next week. Also yes to Stoneheart. Very lost shot.

How does he know? Did they send out the ravens yet?

How does he know? Did they send out the ravens yet?

Davos told him about that at the end of Season 3. The whole voyage to Braavos was filler for the charge of one Mannis.

Also, a thing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4oQzTGTc_g

You guys know how before every episode they do a "Previously On" segment? I've seen this week's and strongly recommend that you don't watch it. It's two minutes so when it comes on mute the TV for two minutes. It gives so much away.

• Upvote 1

How does the "Previously On" spoil what is coming next? That's weird. >_> I will take your word for it though, thanks for the heads up.

I agree with Trident. Don't watch it.

This was still awesome for me. Stannis the fucking Mannis, Arya to Braavos, Tywin not shitting gold. Book bros, don't let the ending (or non-ending) distract you from everything that happened. To me the weirdest thing is dead Jojen.

Heard book readers are mad :lol: They're being babies IMO, it's a TV show not their book. Deal with it.

@ Trident, I just read the Tywin shit gold quote from the book on another thread, I'm guessing since it wasn't actual dialogue but something he wrote, or told later as a story is why it wasn't included.

That's just narration and is absolutely not what people are up in arms about.

Naw, there was something at the end of SoS that we were all expecting to be revealed during this episode.

It's fine, just odd. I don't see it as beginning of season material, but as an epic last shot. Would have been awesome, and you will know what we mean... in a year.

Yeesh. Not sure I can keep my mouth closed that long, lol.

It was a good finale, it was just hard for me to appreciate because I was waiting for that at the end to close it all up and... it never happened.

Tyrion/Tywin was awesome, Arya was awesome, Stannis the Mannis was great... still think as far as finales go, it was the worst of the four seasons, sorry. Not saying it was bad, so maybe worst is the wrong word, but seasons 1, 2, and 3 had better endings, IMO.

The beginning between Mance and Jon may have been the best part.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

There is one other thing. In the books, there is a heartbreaking scene between Jaime and Tyrion where Jaime explains about Tyrion's first wife. Taking that out was stupid, as those two actors could have done that emotional scene immensely well. I'm guessing its likely a deleted scene, but come on, that had to have been included.

The show lost its best actor tonight in Charles Dance (Tywin). Even when he died pooping he dominated the screen. Gonna miss him.

• Upvote 1

Arya is going to Braavos though...