Sign in to follow this  
BigBen07

Steelers Sign LaGarrette Blount

Running back LeGarrette Blount has signed a two-year contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers for what a source says is $3.85 million, including a $950,000 signing bonus.

The Steelers announced the signing Friday, but they did not confirm the financial terms.

Blount, who rushed for 772 yards and seven touchdowns last season for the New England Patriots, will add size and experience to the Steelers' backfield.

Undrafted out of Oregon in 2010, Blount also provides the Steelers with a proven backup behind Le'Veon Bell.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10689923/legarrette-blount-agrees-deal-pittsburgh-steelers

Nice deal! Adds some teeth to the running game. Things are looking up for Pittsburgh.

I like this move by the Steelers. This is another piece to build on to help get their running game back on track.

Blount and Bell is gonna hurt. Looking forward to the new Steelers.

This also helps extend Bell's career as both RB's will get equal carries. Blount is also a pretty damn good power back from what I saw of him.

Blount is very one dimensional from what I saw of him in Tampa but he also turns short runs into much longer runs than they should be. Good signing and a player very characteristic of what a typical Steeler resembles.

• Downvote 1