Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Weekly Discussion Topic: May 4-10 (Crazy People)

Nutcase 101  

6 members have voted

1. 1. In which situation have you run into the most crazy people?

• Work
    • School
    • Relationships
    • Social Situations
  2. 2. What makes someone crazy, in your opinion?

• Ignoring reality
    • Being incessantly unreasonable about basic, every day things
    • Irritating and/or unreasonable habits
    • I don't know--some people are just a few missing some pieces, upstairs
  3. 3. Have you ever been involved with someone (friend, significant other, family) who frightened you?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • I don't know.
    • No. We're all crazy in different ways.

I'm not entirely sure how to make these poll questions less vague, but in light of a recent avoided tragedy (crazy Waseca, Minnesota kid who was going to kill his family, set fires, and kill a bunch of students and school personnel), I figured we could have some good discussion revolving around where we've run into people we've thought are truly crazy and the kinds of things that they did that made them batshit crazy, in the first place.

First of all, I want to state that I don't believe in blaming mental illness for every single nutjob out there, because being crazy doesn't necessarily mean that an individual is dangerous to other people, in a violent sense. I firmly believe that some people choose to be incessantly unreasonable about certain, very important life things. Actually, I know that.

For instance, I had a friend from a few years back who was a bit of a fuck up but he seemed like a nice dude who was loyal, so I hung out with him a bit, shot some pool, etc. The guy just wouldn't find himself a job, and he'd hit me up for a 10spots at least once a month, and I've since found out that he did this to a bunch of people, many times asking for more money if he knew they made decent money. Not only was this individual a manipulator, every time he found a decent job he'd expect them to let him come in when he wanted as long as he worked until late at night. During my friendship with this individual, there was a point that he had a can't miss opportunity kind of job for a person in his shoes (someone who maxes out in life at a very low level). The job fit his skills and wants in life, but as soon as the work tired him out a little bit, he'd bitch about "running on fumes" and not go to work until 10am-noonish most days, and it was frustrating, as his friend, to see him so blatantly willing to give up such a good opportunity for himself, but he was crazy. He expected his boss to deal with him as long as he put full days in, so he'd stay til 9-10 at night, but what good is that if your boss wants you to show up early, when he starts working? Makes no sense. In that aspect, I've had one crazy friend who honestly thought he was right when he was so obviously wrong.

Another situation I've run into was in dating, with this girl who eventually shared with me that she was bipolar (which I'd already guessed because she was excessively moody and unreasonable), and that she didn't take her medication, because "if I can't handle her at her worst, I don't deserve to be with her." At that point, I told her, "No, I don't deserve to be with you. Most people don't deserve to be with someone who won't take care of themselves. I deserve someone who doesn't openly avoid help that they need." So yeah. This girl is actually a friend, now, because apparently I made her accept that she needs her medication. Maybe I'm an asshole, but upstairs crazy is not something that I'll deal with when there's a very obvious solution. She had extreme emotional issues, anyway. If we hung out one night and I hadn't texted her by 10am the next morning, she'd text me bitching about "you'd think you'd want to talk to someone you'd just spent the night with" even though I continually told her that I don't text much.

Plus, she was an extreme alcoholic (she got a DUI at .25) and I eventually found out an ATM (a person who'd fuck Anything That Moves). Crazy in every sense of the word.

Anyway those are just a couple of situations in which I've encountered truly crazy people in my life. Anybody else got anything?

Again, sorry about the vague questions. I just didn't know how to make them more specific.

While I'm not going to write book.

I've ran into some weird as people at work. One chick will get into fights with herself and starting her hands up talking to herself really loud randomly. Also have a few other middle age women there that will go from happy to pissed off outta no where with no reason why. I'm guessing they may be bipolar or just flat out nuts.

For relationships, I was dating this chick my senior year of HS. She was cool at first, her friend was a big time slut and all she did was talk smack about her. Well I finally got sick of her bickering. Dumped her, mind year this relationship lasted about 3 month and I was gone in Atlanta for almost a month. She proceed to stalk me for over a year. Leaving notes on my car, showing up at my work, sitting across the street from my house, hell one day she followed me around for a good hour while I visited family and friends.

I run into the most crazy people in social situations probably since I party a lot. You run into some crazy movie character like people that way.

As far as women go lol. Every woman I've ever been with is crazy and every woman is crazy. Just depends on if you can handle her particular brand or level of crazy and if you think your girl isn't crazy give it 6 months. Give it a year. You'll see. :laugh: