Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Cecil Shorts reveals Justin Blackmon is basically AWOL in Oklahoma

20130809_mbr_av1_132.0_standard_709.0.jp

Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Cecil Shorts III, the only real veteran receiver on the current roster, appeared on Jaguars Thursday on 1010XL with J.P. Shadrick and Jeff Lageman to talk a bit about the team this offseason and it's receiver group, including suspended receiver Justin Blackmon.

"Honestly, I have not heard from him," Shorts told Lageman when asked about the suspended receiver. "I reached out to him a couple times, no response. Actually more than a couple times, but no response from him. I did talk to one of his roommates that he was staying with who said he was doing well in Oklahoma, he was doing fine but I have not talked to him."

Shorts' comments echo the somber comments of general manager Dave Caldwell and the rest of the staff whenever the subject of Justin Blackmon is mentioned. The league hasn't made a decision on the future of the player, but it's pretty clear the franchise going forward has.

"The best thing I can do right now is just hope and pray he's doing well," Shorts added. "I hope to see him again soon."

It was signaled with the drafting of both Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson in the second-round of the 2014 NFL Draft and then hammered home with Shorts' sobering comments.

Blackmon apparently isn't doing what he needs to do to get back in the NFL. He's not going to be reinstated this year, it appears, and it's not even being considered. There have been heavy hints he hasn't been doing what he's needed to do to get back in the league.

He either doesn't care or doesn't get it.

If you haven't moved on by now, you should now. Justin Blackmon is done as a Jacksonville Jaguar and probably in the NFL.

source: Alfie Crow for Big Cat Country

Confirms what I've heard rumored from a supposed inside source. A dude spoke out on a message board about what he heard was going on with him and initially I just read it and sat on it because message board sources are reliable maybe 3% of the time.

What he did say was that his girlfriend was cousins with Blackmon and he's basically in a toxic environment of which he won't will himself out of. She told him Blackmon's had trouble with alcohol since he was twelve years old. Not only that but when he moved to Jacksonville some of his friends and family moved in with him to leech off of him. These are apparently shady characters, and obvious enablers. He even said that while Justin is in Oklahoma right now away from them these same people are still living in his place in Jacksonville off his dime.

They're not his immediate nuclear family (his father is a strict military man), but cousins and uncles etc. Obviously these people are contributing to his downfall but it still all falls on Justin for not manning up and taking control of his life.

Sad stuff, but pairing Cecil's recent comments with what Dave Caldwell has said I gotta say I'm now buying that rumor. Such a talented dude, what a shame.

Dude has more arrests than touchdowns.

Dude has more arrests than touchdowns.

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:wub:

Sorry, know that's not what this thread is about, but I love me some Dro. :wub:

Suspended Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon was arrested on marijuana possession charges Wednesday night.

According to police in Edmond, Oklahoma, Blackmon was stopped for a traffic violation and officers could smell an odor of marijuana coming from the car. After a search, marijuana was found and Blackmon was taken into custody. It's the latest transgression for the Jaguars wideout, who was suspended indefinitely last October following repeated violations of the substance-abuse policy. This certainly won't help Blackmon as he aims to get reinstated for the 2015 season. Blackmon has now been suspended three times since 2010.
Source: Newson6.com

Speaking Thursday, Jaguars owner Shad Khan said the team has "no plans" to release troubled WR Justin Blackmon.

With Blackmon already indefinitely suspended, the Jags have little to gain by cutting him loose following his Wednesday marijuana arrest. Blackmon does not count toward the 90-man roster. The best time to re-evaluate Blackmon's standing with the team will be if/when he's reinstated. It's not going to happen in 2014.

Such a waste. Not sure what upsets me more...that he's wasting his own talent or that someone else who would actually use it doesn't have it.

Justin Blackmon can apply for reinstatement after November 1 (Week 9) of the 2014 season.

Blackmon missed the final eight games of 2013 serving his indefinite suspension. He can apply for reinstatement one year from that date, but the Jaguars "aren't counting on him" this season. Still, it's surprising more hasn't been made of Blackmon's situation. Though not unprecedented, suspending Blackmon 24 games would be a strong statement from the NFL. Odell Thurman and Tanard Jackson were denied reinstatement under Roger Goodell and received two-year bans. (Thurman had multiple off-field arrests and Jackson was rumored to have violated the terms of his Treatment Plan). It's not clear if Blackmon is currently in good standing with the league. Similar to Josh Gordon, Blackmon's July DUI complicates matters and will subject him to the NFL's personal conduct policy when he's eligible to return.