Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

Was a corny call by the ref too but yeah, he fucked up. Should of been 1-1 or so at the half the way they were playing. Bringing on Gordon was the biggest WTF ever too. Obvious the US didn't take this Gold Cup serious with some of their players not choosing to play, and Jurgen doing some weird shit in his choices and combinations etc.

Brad Guzan is officially on my shit list :censored:

I have to deal with him all year now.

Not mad at all Mav. Benteke deserved to move onwards & he never proclaimed his loyalty to the club, etc. like Delph did. Think Sherwood wants to reunite with Adebayor, which could be awesome or hilariously bad. We'll see, I just hope we spend ALL of the Benteke money and don't skimp.

Edited by BJORN

Sherwood is the only manager recently Adebayor would work with his wages will be the only problem as I'm sure Man City are still paying a percentage of his wages at Tottenham

Delph already pulled a hammy going in for a tackle....karma?

Aston Villa about to sign Jordan Ayew will be a nice signing. I like what Sherwood is doing in his first chance as a manager to buy players.

I still feel that will be Tottenham's biggest mistake.

Yeap. Sherwood has a great eye for young talent and can work with the most difficult. If it wasn't for Sherwood Mason, Kane and Bentaleb wouldn't be in the first team or even at spurs atm.

Look at it this way he wasn't expected to get a result at either Spurs or Villa. He managed 5th with Spurs and kept Villa up.

He is in his first transfer window were he can get the players he needs and he seems to be doing so. This is were we see how good a manager he is as he has proven he can mange with what's given to him, now to see if he can progress with his own style of players.

Sherwood is hilarious and seems to be a good motivator but he has made some shaky decisions even at Villa i/e playing Charles N'Zogbia, who is lazy as fuck usually, at left back :yao:

Huge win for DCU last night, I thought that game was over when Philly took a 2-0 lead in the first four minutes, we had a couple of great goals off crosses too:

Yeah you guys are leading the East. It's a shame RBNY will have to knock you out of the playoffs again tho :smug:

Anybody watch Pirlo's debut? He's a god.

Anybody watch Pirlo's debut? He's a god.

didn't watch the game, but it looks like neither defense made it out of the lockerroom at halftime

Edited by oochymp

didn't watch the game, but it looks like neither defense made it out of the lockerroom at halftime

Basically. Reminded me of the 4-4 game between NYCFC v Toronto.

Defense will be their issue. Do you still play FIFA, oochymp?

Basically. Reminded me of the 4-4 game between NYCFC v Toronto.

Defense will be their issue. Do you still play FIFA, oochymp?

yeah, I've been doing some online seasons, I think I'm about to get relegated from Division 7

yeah, I've been doing some online seasons, I think I'm about to get relegated from Division 7

probably playing dudes with 100+ games played at this point

probably playing dudes with 100+ games played at this point

I'm sure, I know I get into Fifa pretty late in the game, happens when the league I follow is on a different calendar than every other league in the world, I'm also pretty sure Division 7 is where I topped out in last year's game too, so I'm not mad

Anybody gonna watch the MLS All Stars v. Tottenham tonight? I'm still irritated that DC United didn't get anyone on the All Star team, but it should be a fun game to watch. Last year's MLS All Stars had a 2-1 comeback win over Bayern Munich

• Upvote 1

Yeah that's pretty surprising that no one from DC made it. I'll try to watch it. Some big names dropped out from the MLS squad.

I'm fairly certain Hamid would be there if he was healthy, but it's still surprising that a team that's tied for the league lead doesn't have an All Star

Def watching of course :yep: Also I might end up buying an XBONE as well as my PS4. I need Netflix in my living room too apparently. Too many people bitch about it when they're over. So if I do I will definitely be buying the new FIFA and will prepare to get bodied by Mav on a system I've never played before :yep:

• Upvote 1

You should get it. And you'd probably beat oochymp. :yep:

:censored::disgust::nonono::dry::shrug::yep:

• Upvote 2