Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Mike Pettine might utilize 2 QB system (down the road)

I've got a few thoughts on this.

I don't think that it will ever happen where Pettine utilizes a 2 QB system and puts Manziel in the game for certain package. More or less I feel like Pettine saying this and discussing it with media members was a simple way of getting all the critics of his decision to name Hoyer the starter to quiet down a little. Settle the media so to speak more than likely.

Now if he does try to utilize something like that, of course this won't work. Obviously the prime example is when the Eagles had the McNabb/Vick controversy going on. They tried their hardest to make that situation work out well on the field. It never did. Quarterbacks get into a rhythm in the game, once you start subbing them in and out, they lose that rhythm. It hasn't worked before, it won't work now. That's all there is to it.

The last few years the Browns have brought guys like Cribbs and MarQueis Gray in on certain packages and have been somewhat successful with it. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they would try this to confuse a defense.

I don't think it would be a good idea. It feels like the OC/C, when this happens, is trying to overthink the offense. I'm not real sure Kyle Shenanigans is a risk taker.