Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: 'Growing rift' between Lazor, players

Per Rotoworld.com:

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reports there has been a "growing rift" between Dolphins OC Bill Lazor and several players.
Darlington spoke with eight players, having "involved" discussions with four. Per the former Dolphins beat writer, Lazor has taken an "abrasive tenor with several starters," and it's "worn thin on some." Darlington says the team's inconsistent offensive identity is "internally magnifying the issue." The Dolphins are infinitely better on offense than they were a season ago, committing to the run while having more success through the air. Ryan Tannehill is still struggling mightily on deep passes, however, and Mike Wallace has openly voiced his frustration more than once. It will be a story to monitor, especially if the Dolphins lose at home to the Bills on Thursday. Nov 13 - 8:05 PM
Source: NFL.com

Kind of why I'm secretly hoping for a titanic performance from Grimes and the pass rush.

Of course I would post this after we had already played. Don't even know my own team's schedule. :facepalm:

Edited by Phins4life

I hate these types of reports when they are released.

I think it's a below the belt move for players to speak out about their coaching staff without putting their name on it. More so, it's sloppy reporting and release of information to give information to the mass public without citing a source of that information. Just dumb imo.

The second reason for me hating this, I feel like the players are just dumb. Clearly they are better on offense this year, they're winning at a higher level right now. How can you be doing this, and then say that you dislike your coaching staff? Wearing thin? What is that supposed to mean? It's their JOB to bring out your very best and if you are performing at a higher level than before they entered the picture, they are doing their job.

I hate these types of reports when they are released.

I think it's a below the belt move for players to speak out about their coaching staff without putting their name on it. More so, it's sloppy reporting and release of information to give information to the mass public without citing a source of that information. Just dumb imo.

The second reason for me hating this, I feel like the players are just dumb. Clearly they are better on offense this year, they're winning at a higher level right now. How can you be doing this, and then say that you dislike your coaching staff? Wearing thin? What is that supposed to mean? It's their JOB to bring out your very best and if you are performing at a higher level than before they entered the picture, they are doing their job.

Completely agree. I also thought it was interesting that despite his early flirtation with a "diva" reputation in Miami, Wallace was pretty strongly in defense of Lazor and put it all on the players to get the job done with the plays that are called. I like it.

Might just be at the point where he's finally starting to mature as a player. Which is a good thing. Talent is not the issue with Mike Wallace, his time in Pittsburgh made that clear IMO.