Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Divisional Round: Dallas @ Green Bay Prediction Thread

The Supposed Second Ice Bowl  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Tony and the Romosexuals
    • The Princess Bride Rodgers (INCONCEIVABLE!)

Sunday, 1:05ET, FOX

Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers

:Cowboys:

Why Dallas Will Win:

1. Controlling Time of Possession

It's no secret--Dallas' defense is not up to snuff with those that remain the playoffs. Therefore, the only way the Cowboys can win, moving forward, is to control time of possession with their offense and hopefully, just hopefully, force a few turnovers with their defense.

2. Force Turnovers by Rodgers' Teammates

The Cowboys can't come into this game foolish enough to believe that Aaron Rodgers will be their turnover outlet. In other words, they're simply going to have rip at every single ball from every single ball carrier and pray they they can force a few fumbles or, if that doesn't happen, tip some passes into the air.

Why Dallas Will Lose:

1. Can't Keep Up With the Pack

I simply believe that the Cowboys can't keep up with Green Bay if they don't start fast, so a repeat of last week's performance is out of the question if the Cowboys want to advance to a second date with the Seahawks.

2. Turnover Issues

While DeMarco Murray hasn't put the ball on the ground for awhile, Dallas has shown a propensity for laying it on the turf. If Green Bay can attack that weakness, the game could get out of hand before the Cowboys even have a chance to establish their place in the competition.

:Packers:

Why Green Bay Will Win:

1. Rodgers Being Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers is the kind of player who can take over any game and at any time (except against that Seahawks defense, perhaps). All things considered, Dallas' defense is not up to par, as mentioned above, and Aaron could very easily slice and dice his way through them and put Green Bay too far ahead for the Cowboys to overcome.

2. Lacy Take Over

We've seen Eddie Lacy control games with the brutality of his style, and while Dallas has the linebackers to keep him somewhat under control, there's no guarantee that it will happen. It all comes down to whatever Lacy and/or Rodgers can make of this game if Green Bay is to win.

Why Green Bay Will Lose:

1. Same Old Playoff Demons

What has knocked the Packers out in recent years? The versatility of Colin Kaepernick and his ability to run the ball. DeMarco Murray is about 3 times the player that Kaepernick is, and has an offensive line that's built to play in situations like January Lambeau. I don't particularly think it will happen this way if the Packers lose, but it is certainly a possibility.

2. Can't Control Dez

Behind Antonio Brown and Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant might be the most difficult to cover receiver in the NFL, and I don't think I need point out that Green Bay doesn't have the secondary pieces to get the job done. In other words, they need to throw multiple players at Bryant and hope that the likes of Williams, Beasley, and Witten don't shred them. Dwayne Harris is also capable of big plays if given the opportunities.

Prediction: Packers 30 Cowboys 23

I don't think this Dallas defense is championship caliber, no matter how good the offense is. It won't be able to control Green Bay's offense in the slightest, and therefore, I think this game could be over fairly early, with Dallas making a slight second half run that's sabotaged by turnovers.

If there's any team that can beat the Packers right now, it's the Cowboys. Will they? That remains to be seen. If Dez and DeMarco repeat their performances from last week, they will not.