oochymp

March Madness

Not much of a difference between rest but Wisconsin's road to the Championship game was easily one of the most brutal in recent memories.

Not much of a difference between rest but Wisconsin's road to the Championship game was easily one of the most brutal in recent memories.

Wisconsin was stuck on the same side as Kentucky because they were the lowest one seed. Maybe if they beat Duke at home earlier in the season they would've been where Duke was in the bracket and had a much easier road. But that's no one's fault but there's that they had such a tough road. Duke earned an easier road by being a better team in the regular season. :shrug:

Edited by JetsFan4Life

how much different was the rest? are you saying that Duke had the benefit of being able to coast to a win in their semifinal game? if that's the case then they earned that by dominating Michigan State, in terms of time between games there really wasn't a noticeable difference

No not at all. I can see how that would be a bit of a misconception based on the wording of my post. I don't mean simply from the start of Game A on saturday until the start of the championship. So I will explain further.

Duke, imo, had a pretty... Simple path to the title. The entire southern part of the bracket was complete and utter trash. The highest seed they faced, while it was the 2 in the Zags... Just wasn't very good. I watched every game Gonzaga played and I was stupified by the fact that they could play as they did and still win games. In any other portion of the bracket, the Zags are in the headlines for being part of a major 'upset' -- on the losing side. And this was the 'best' (relative to seeding) team Duke faced.

Wisconsin had the hardest road in the entire tournament... Maybe one of the hardest overall roads from start to finish than any team we have seen in a very long time. Almost every game was grueling and they faced the 'hardest' (again, relative to seeding) team they possibly could have every single game. It was grueling... Because the quality of opponent was so much better, they did have closer games, and I think it eventually wore on Wisconsin.

Wisconsin had continuously been tested throughout the tournament. They had been drained physically and mentally time and time again, only to reload and make it through the next game. By the time they face Duke in the title game... And after the adrenaline of the title game itself wears off, they were all but left for the vultures.

I think Wisconsin had the best team... Unfortunately, circumstances didn't really allow them to prevail. I thin Bo ryan cost his team big and was massively out coached by K. Coach K was by far the superior coach in that game and probably any game).. I think he felt the blood in the water. Duke's tempo increased and Wisconsin just had no answer, I don't think that was a coincidence.

And I know it sounds kind of hate-fueled... But I don't mean to dis or undermine Dukes victory. They took care of business every single game and that's how you are crowned as national champs. They have no real power of control over who they face or how their portion of the bracket shakes out. All they can do is play the games and try to win -- and that's what they did.

That is such flawed logic JF4L...The west region was packed. Have any team go through Oregon, UNC, Arizona, and Kentucky and see how they handle the championship gsme. There needs to be more rest between final four and championship.

That is such flawed logic JF4L...The west region was packed. Have any team go through Oregon, UNC, Arizona, and Kentucky and see how they handle the championship gsme. There needs to be more rest between final four and championship.

How is that flawed logic? If Wisconsin had the better TEAM in the regular season they could've had Duke's spot and had Duke's easy road. No matter what happens one team's road is going to be harder than the other. Why does there have to be more rest because one team's road is harder than the other team's road?

Duke's path was easy, I absolutely agree. But Duke was dominant. Duke not only won but they beat the spread every game.

Edited by JetsFan4Life