Sign in to follow this  
badgers

Question about Jerseys

Hey what's up TGP. I've been rocking my green Jennings jersey since the SB year or so, but since it's been a while since's been on the team I want a 2nd jersey so that I can support a current player ever once in a while. Problem is, Jennings jersey is a Reebok, which I feel were more straightforward and easy to know what you're gonna get. i'm all confused with Nike jerseys. My Jennings jersey is game quality, everything is stitched on, including the stripes on the sleeves. I'm looking for a white Lacy jersey with approximately the same quality. Can anybody who owns a jersey give me a hand in finding what I'm looking for?

Additionally, same with Chicago. My Jimmy Butler jersey just got great when he did so that was a great buy and will still wear that shit all the time but I'm really digging the idea of a Mirotic jersey. I got Jimmy's jersey when he was a rook or his 2nd year (before there was any indication of him being awesome) so I'm hoping to hop on the bandwagon of another young guy who could be a star. Problem is, the new Swingman jerseys I hear suck. The Swingman ofc replaced the mid-level jerseys, which were stitched on letters/numbers. Apparently Swingman are screen printed? wtf that's like $120 for screen printed is stupid.

So if this post is confusing you; I'm just asking for your guys' opinions on your jerseys if you have them. Specifically the new Nike jerseys, or the Swingman NBA jerseys. Want to know how the quality compares to what I currently have, and whether or not I have to step up a level and pony up some more cash for the good quality I like.

thanks.

http://www.nflshop.com/Jerseys

There's your three types. The cheap screen printed ones (click on "Game") like I rock are $100. I'd argue the quality of the cheap version is better than it used to be now that its in Nike's hands. The stitched one is the "Elite" option at $299. And Lacy over Jordy/Rodgers :think:

Edited by BC

I only buy chinese child-labor jerseys cus paying $300 on nfl.com for an authentic is completely ridiculous when you can get something that's very close for like 40 bucks. I have 6 football jerseys and 3 hockey jerseys and they all look identical to what you get for the 300 dollar ones. The hockey ones especially, they even have the pad and gear straps in them.

Unfortunately both sites I used to use are gone now, but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to find another one.

http://www.nflshop.com/Jerseys

There's your three types. The cheap screen printed ones (click on "Game") like I rock are $100. I'd argue the quality of the cheap version is better than it used to be now that its in Nike's hands. The stitched one is the "Elite" option at $299. And Lacy over Jordy/Rodgers :think:

Yeah I looked there and at Packer pro shop but the pics aren't that great and the terminology confuses me. That's why I'm looking at the first hand accounts. The cheap version for Reebok always worried me because it was like, a rubbery painted on number that would rub off after a couple of cycles in the wash machine. Has that been improved by Nike or is it still crappy like that?

And I usually go with my personal favorite players not the best players. Hence the Jennings/Butler jersey (though Butler's now probably our best player at least he was last year).

I only buy chinese child-labor jerseys cus paying $300 on nfl.com for an authentic is completely ridiculous when you can get something that's very close for like 40 bucks. I have 6 football jerseys and 3 hockey jerseys and they all look identical to what you get for the 300 dollar ones. The hockey ones especially, they even have the pad and gear straps in them.

Unfortunately both sites I used to use are gone now, but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to find another one.

Do you have any photos to compare the knock off with the real deal? I don't want to go with one of those cheap Chinese kinds if I can tell the difference when I wear it. Plus I'm always worried that the knock off brands might come looking nice but they'll have unsatisfactory features to them. Like numbers/letters not on straight, stitchings a bit loose? Is that ever the case?

I just got a jersey about a couple months ago and I really like the Nike jerseys, it's a much nicer fabric than the Reebok jerseys even though I just got the screen printed one (never had an issue and it's much cheaper) the one thing I will caution is that the Nike jerseys have much more of an athletic cut so the fit is a bit tighter, I'm kinda between a medium and a large, depends on the brand, and I really liked the fit of the medium Reebok jerseys, but the medium Nike is just a little snug, not necessarily a bad fit, but I like looser fitting clothes, I would recommend finding somewhere that you can try some on even if you're going to buy it online, I kinda wish I had done that

I'd hold off on the Bulls jersey for the time being. Nike is getting the contract for the NBA in a couple years.

As stated, the Nike football jerseys are a little more snug than the Reebok counterparts. I'd recommend the "Limited" jerseys, which are stitched, but not the authentic jerseys like the "Elite" jerseys.

*edit - they don't have a Lacy Limited on the NFL site, but they do on the Packers site (click here).

Edited by әightninә.

Edit- meant to be quoting Oochy here. Idk how I accidentally clicked myself.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I always get large football jerseys despite being in between medium/large (well back when I got Jennings I was definitely medium). At Green Bay in the winter you want your jersey over your coat and hoodie so it needs to be a size up haha. But thanks for letting me know. I'll definitely check out the mall and try on sizes just to be sure if they are running a bit tight.

I'd hold off on the Bulls jersey for the time being. Nike is getting the contract for the NBA in a couple years.

As stated, the Nike football jerseys are a little more snug than the Reebok counterparts. I'd recommend the "Limited" jerseys, which are stitched, but not the authentic jerseys like the "Elite" jerseys.

*edit - they don't have a Lacy Limited on the NFL site, but they do on the Packers site (click here).

I didn't hear anything about Nike in the NBA. That being said however I think that makes me want to get a jersey now. I like the Adidas ones. I found that they do have red Mirotic jerseys on AliExpress for $18. I might give it a go and see how it is.

Thanks for the info on the NFL ones. Seems like Nike's are definitely more slim fitting so I'll keep that in mind.

Edited by badgers

Do you have any photos to compare the knock off with the real deal? I don't want to go with one of those cheap Chinese kinds if I can tell the difference when I wear it. Plus I'm always worried that the knock off brands might come looking nice but they'll have unsatisfactory features to them. Like numbers/letters not on straight, stitchings a bit loose? Is that ever the case?

I don't have anything that's the 'real deal' for a photo comparison but I tried to take some pics. My cell phone is shitty so they're not great photos.

n2UU6dn.jpg

uyZLfbB.jpg

DRFukU3.jpg

Those look pretty nice. Where did you get those?

tarajersey.com and jersey101.com were big ones, but they've since been taken down. I'll let you know if I find another one.