Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Sports Illustrated's Aaron Rodgers Profile

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/18/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-cover-story

THIS is an amazing read. Just like the last one, I am probably a bit biased. But the guy is so secretive and so protective of his private life, that even for a fan, stuff like this is really fun to read.

Some of my favorite pieces:

When Mulumba met Rodgers, in 2013, the linebacker's hands shook as he introduced himself. But he noticed that Rodgers was wearing a T-shirt touting the Enough Project, a D.C. nonprofit that fights genocide and crimes against humanity in the Congo, and afterward Rodgers visited

Mulumba's apartment to meet his parents. Over chicken and plantains Rodgers asked a million questions. Later he invited Mulumba to a birthday dinner at his house. Munn, Mulumba says, cooked rice, beef and green beans. His review: delicious.

The story talks about how Rodgers wants to know everything about his teammates and how he actually studies Packer rookies and tries finding ways to relate to them and start forming bonds from Day 1. For those who don't know, Andy Mulumba is an UDFA ...

And when he meets Aaron, he is wearing a shirt that hits home with him personally. I mean, I don't know, that just seems so cool to me. You're a nobody in the league, you went undrafted, don't know what the future will have in store for you... But here is Aaron Rodgers, the NFLs best QB, coming up to you with a shirt supporting a nonprofit that helps fight terrible crimes in your home country.

“Hey,” says linebacker Clay Matthews, “why don't you just put chosen one on the story and put it out there.” He laughs. “Oh, right. That was Russell Wilson in Rolling Stone.”

The implication hangs there: That's not how Rodgers operates.

Bam! Lol.

“Aaron wants to step on your throat,” says Matthews, who (seemingly) means this as a compliment.

There was also the time, seven years ago, when Martin and Rodgers traveled around Alaska, meeting with troops and discussing their Christian faith. They were in the gym, and a few kids around age 15 challenged them to a game of basketball. This was before Rodgers was a starter; the teenagers had no idea who he was. One of the kids blocked Rodgers's shot, then swatted away a second attempt. Martin could see the frustration building in Rodgers, who then backed down the teenager, elbowed his way inside and scored. “We're dying laughing,” says Martin.

“We're like: Aaron, come on, man.”

Again, just for clarification.. That's one of his best friends they are talking to there. Former Packer WR and also UDFA, Ruvell Martin. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Yes, if there is anyone that thinks Aaron made that comment as a shot against all of Christianity , they are just extremely ignorant . Aaron just hates people using God like Russell Wilson has and he's been very consistently against it. It's not like the packers won so he felt he could get a jab in. When Jordy went down , somebody made a comment about that being Gods will or something and it really pissed Aaron off as well.

And that SI article was pretty great wasn't it? I made a thread about it in the nfc north section. Even in that article Clay makes fun of Russell Wilson and his misguided thoughts.

Figured I'd respond in the aforementioned thread - especially since it didn't have any posts lol.

As JD went on to explain, this really is an awesome article. Well worth the read for the reigning MVP. It really sheds a lot of light on the type of person and player Aaron Rodgers is. He's definitely a little quirky (as you'll find if you read the article), but truly is an awesome guy.

It's pretty interesting to see how he is becoming more comfortable with public exposure which is undoubtedly due to his relationship with Munn.