Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Combat Sports Thread

I liked the decision. I thought Conor edged out round 2 & 4.

Rumble is a fucking killer. As soon as they came out I'm just thinking to myself "Rumble is about to get him with a one-hitter quitter I can fucking feel it."

Conor broke his foot and should miss some time, so hopefully he is forced to defend against Aldo first around 206 or 207.

I liked the decision. I thought Conor edged out round 2 & 4.

Rumble is a fucking killer. As soon as they came out I'm just thinking to myself "Rumble is about to get him with a one-hitter quitter I can fucking feel it."

Conor broke his foot and should miss some time, so hopefully he is forced to defend against Aldo first around 206 or 207.

There is a difference between being knocked down due to imbalance and actually being hurt IMO. Nate wasn't rocked or anything, got right back up. (Round 2)

Conor wasn't really hurt throughout the fight either. Diaz looked like he was shaken up a couple times when he got hit, but just powered through it. It wasn't like he was half-conscious, just wobbly.

Apparently McGregor is going to fight Georges St-Pierre at UFC 205.

Connor would get rekt tbh if the fight is true.

Praying that doesn't happen. McGregor only deserved that if he went Aldo-Dos Anjos-Lawler and beat em all. Go face Aldo to unify the belt.

McGregor has no problem going up against Aldo/dos Anjos. The problem is these guys love to pull out last minute with weak injuries.

These are the snippets from the McGregor-Diaz press conference back in February before 196.

“They all have sore vaginas lately, it’s crazy. There’s something going on, I don’t know. Dos Anjos broke his foot and his vagina in the same damn day. Same with [Frankie] Edgar. I couldn’t believe the odds of that to happen… I looked at the picture that dos Anjos put up and it’s a bruise. I heard ice works wonders. What do you want me to say? Did you see it? It’s a bruise. Ice. Ibuprofen. If I jumped under an X-ray [with that], the doctor would slap me and say, ‘What are you doing kid? Get out of here, stop this.’ … It’s hard to commit to dos Anjos again. The same with Jose [Aldo], he pulled. It took him two gos to build up the courage. Hopefully maybe it could take dos Anjos two gos to build up the courage. But when you pull out with an injury like that, a bruise on the foot, there’s not much I can do to help you, to bring you back into the mix… They always pull. They always run. They always make out like they want it, but really they don’t want it. I was expecting it.”

Apparently Punk is like 30 pounds overweight a week away from his fight. Jesus Christ lol

Edited by JetsFan4Life

McGregor has no problem going up against Aldo/dos Anjos. The problem is these guys love to pull out last minute with weak injuries.

These are the snippets from the McGregor-Diaz press conference back in February before 196.

“They all have sore vaginas lately, it’s crazy. There’s something going on, I don’t know. Dos Anjos broke his foot and his vagina in the same damn day. Same with [Frankie] Edgar. I couldn’t believe the odds of that to happen… I looked at the picture that dos Anjos put up and it’s a bruise. I heard ice works wonders. What do you want me to say? Did you see it? It’s a bruise. Ice. Ibuprofen. If I jumped under an X-ray [with that], the doctor would slap me and say, ‘What are you doing kid? Get out of here, stop this.’ … It’s hard to commit to dos Anjos again. The same with Jose [Aldo], he pulled. It took him two gos to build up the courage. Hopefully maybe it could take dos Anjos two gos to build up the courage. But when you pull out with an injury like that, a bruise on the foot, there’s not much I can do to help you, to bring you back into the mix… They always pull. They always run. They always make out like they want it, but really they don’t want it. I was expecting it.”

fight-doctor--rda-and-his-dancers-fractu

Edited by 7-9

Rousey back at UFC 207 fighting for title.

205 is fuuuuuuucking STACKED. Not a single bad fight on the card. Must win for my bae though.

Rousey back at UFC 207 fighting for title.

Is this the New Years Eve card?

What'd you think of the Bisping decision?

205 is fuuuuuuucking STACKED. Not a single bad fight on the card. Must win for my bae though.

Is this the New Years Eve card?

What'd you think of the Bisping decision?

UFC 207 is December 30th.

I had Hendo 48-47 immediately after fight. Didn't score round 1 as a 10-8 even though that seemed to be the overwhelming majority pick. Dominant 10-9 though. Round 2 I had Hendo because of the second knockdown. Round 3 and 4 I think Mike convincingly won. Landed more and did it without taking any shots from Hendo. Round 5 was close but even though Mike landed more I had Hendo winning off the takedown. I'm not mad at anyone saying 47-47 draw or 48-47 Bisping. 49-46 Bisping was a bit of a stretch though.

Yeah, Bisping 49-46 was clear home town bias

It's $700+ just to get through the door at UFC 205...

screen-shot-2015-10-27-at-12-50-26-am.pn

On paper, 205 is arguably the best card ever put together. I know that gets thrown around a lot but even the prelims are loaded.

UFC 200 weekend would probably have been better IMO if Jones v Cormier didn't fall apart. You have to consider that not only did 200 have Lesnar return, Jones fighting for belt, Aldo v Edgar interim, and Miesha v Amanda; 200 also had Eddie v RDA and Joanna v Claudia the two nights before.

As a single standalone card I'd agree that 205 is best ever though. Joanna v KK and Tyron v Wonderboy aren't huge but still title fights. Imagine how fucking loaded that PPV would be with Cowboy v Lawler in there over Cowboy v Gastelum.

I just remembered we get Edgar v Stephens and Khabib v Michael Johnson on the UNDERCARD. Hell, Rashad v Tim Kennedy could headline a fight night. :ooo:

Edited by 7-9

It has Cowboy vs Gastelum, which should be a great one. Very big test for Cowboy at 170. Miesha vs Raquel should be a barn burner.

It has Cowboy vs Gastelum, which should be a great one. Very big test for Cowboy at 170. Miesha vs Raquel should be a barn burner.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not a big Gastelum fan. It makes more sense to do Gastelum v Cerrone but it's not as fun. Miesha v Raquel just doesn't make sense to me as a PPV. Send it to undercard and move Frankie v Stephens to PPV opener.

Got floor seats to the UFC 205 Weigh-Ins at MSG. Finally get to see McGregor in person.

w98i07.jpg

Got floor seats to the UFC 205 Weigh-Ins at MSG. Finally get to see McGregor in person.

w98i07.jpg

If Trump wins you gotta hold up a sign of the Don.

I have been off and on as an MMA fan over the years, but I am looking forward to 205.

Alvarez is a tank. That might be one hell of a fight.

205 looks like it's going to be ridiculously good. McGregor I feel beat Alverez but be interested to see how Connor reacts against a proper wrestler.

Perfect week to use my free week pass I get on my Xbox for fight pass

Khabib gonna get smoked or wrestlefuck Johnson? :ooo: