BwareDWare94

Rookie/Young QB Evaluations (Week 3)

Brock Osweiler (Houston)

Included because he still hasn't started 16 games

The Good:

Almost nothing. He had a couple of nicely placed passes but they pretty much don't count if the drive in question doesn't result in points.

The Bad:

Oh dear god, where do I start? His INT to Jamie Collins was absolutely pathetic. That was a rookie mistake if I've ever seen one, and Brock has been in the league for several years. His throwing motion is so fucked up. He has a long wind-up, drops his elbow and sidearms every throw. If he's pressured at all you might as well expect an incompletion because he can't get rid of the ball quickly. The dude couldn't lead a single scoring drive last night with an offense loaded with weapons. That was truly pathetic.

Overall: The worst QB performance of the season so far, without question. How in the hell is the guy going to cash his huge paycheck for this week with a clean conscience?

lmao Osweiler. That was bad.

Carson Wentz (Philadelphia)

The Good:

He avoided the kinds of hits he took in weeks 1 and 2, continued to showcase great ball placement, and continued to use situational velocity, throwing bullets when needed but otherwise making sure his passes are very catchable. His pocket awareness looked even better this week and what he did on the Darren Sproles TD prior to throwing the pass was incredible. Remember, he goaded Ryan Shazier into no man's land on this play. He also tossed another perfect deep ball that was, you guessed it, dropped by one of his receivers. Fuck you, DGB. Overall, though, Wentz was very good yet again. Nicely done, Carson.

The Bad:

There were multiple passes that could have been INTs today. I know there's usually a throw or two per week for most QBs like this, but Carson had mostly avoided them in weeks 1 and 2. Today, however, that wasn't the case. If the Steelers had good DBs, they'd have turned the Eagles over today at least once.

Overall:

Carson Wentz was a rookie starting his 3rd NFL game today and arguably outplayed a future HOFer with worse WRs and RBs. He had his bad moments but that's football.

Dak Prescott (Dallas)

The Good:

Once again Dak never seemed to risk a turnover, which is what continues to stick out for me week in and week out. I also thought the rise in TD drives was a nice change. I'd have liked to see more TD passes but the situations dictated run over pass up until the Dez TD, so I can't realistically fault him.

The Bad:

Nothing really comes to mind, if you'd believe it. Dak Prescott did not look like a rookie tonight.

Overall:

Great performance, young man.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Cody Kessler (Cleveland) 1st career start

After a horrible way to start the game - a delay of game on the very first play on offense then shortly after a miscommunication between Cody and the center almost led to a turnover on a fumbled snap, he started to settle in.

Hue Jackson put Pryor in there which didn't help Kessler get into a rhythm. Showed nice accuracy in the short and intermediate passing game. Needs to work on the deep ball. Didn't throw a TD or an INT. Smart player who recognizes what defenses are doing already. Didn't help either that his offensive line was being penalized all game, one guy alone had 5 flags on him. Sacked 4 times, that's to be expected. Finished with a good completion % and strong YPA.

21/33 (63.6), 0 TD, 0 INT, 244 yards (7.3), 85.9 rating. Thought it was a solid debut. Nothing overly spectacular.

Odd. I thought Kessler actually did really good on the deep ball. The deep comeback while he was running away from the defensive end shocked me.

Odd. I thought Kessler actually did really good on the deep ball. The deep comeback while he was running away from the defensive end shocked me.

Yooo, forgot about that. Same here, can't believe that was completed. The one deep throw didn't look very good at all though. There may have been another. Which is why I say WOP.

Edited by Bay

The one was just a miscommunication and the other was a 50/50 pass to Pryor. Not a bad ball, just a toss up.