Sign in to follow this  
butta54

Top 100 NFL Players of 2019

50 minutes ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

I'm confused as to why everyone is hating on Cousins? He was a huge "get" for Minnesota last offseason, turned in one of his best seasons via efficiency and such. ???

Robert Woods, on the other hand, belongs nowhere near this list. Complete product of the system (like Goff).

Robert Woods is a monster! 

23 minutes ago, butta54 said:

Robert Woods is a monster! 

Good players still get theirs with bad QBs. It took him being dropped into one of the current "best in the nfl" systems to have a decent year.  He and the rest of the Rams and Chiefs are being given too much credit based on the fact that their coaches put schemes together to get wide open passes.

And I still need to hear about Cousins from at least one of you.

You aren't gonna hear it from me, Cousins is great efficiency wise, the problem is his teams are always 7th, 8th best in the NFC so he's seen as a disappointment for the money put into him. And people conflate "well Case Keenum got them to the NFC Championship game".

In any case, Matt Ryan at 69 is a joke, and is definitely not nice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

Good players still get theirs with bad QBs. It took him being dropped into one of the current "best in the nfl" systems to have a decent year.  He and the rest of the Rams and Chiefs are being given too much credit based on the fact that their coaches put schemes together to get wide open passes.

Woods has been one of the best route runners since coming out of college. His YAC ability has nothing to do with scheme. And he makes the catches which aren't all just soft lobs to his chest. He has put up steady numbers with the rotating door of QB in Buffalo. 

So Julio Jones that has been with Matt Ryan his whole career gets discounted? AB with Big Ben? OBJ playing with Eli? You play in the situation you are in. Yes elite WRs get the ball fed to them and have better stats...usually can make a QBs job easier. No one is saying he is elite...but Woods is very very good. 

Cousins benefited from a top tier defense and a top 3 receiving duo to the point he had a very nice efficient season....and yet in the spotlight he COMPLETELY crumbled. Big difference between putting up numbers and winning. Ask Stafford. 

14 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

Your boy James Connor says hello lol.

5 hours ago, butta54 said:

Woods has been one of the best route runners since coming out of college. His YAC ability has nothing to do with scheme. And he makes the catches which aren't all just soft lobs to his chest. He has put up steady numbers with the rotating door of QB in Buffalo. 

So Julio Jones that has been with Matt Ryan his whole career gets discounted? AB with Big Ben? OBJ playing with Eli? You play in the situation you are in. Yes elite WRs get the ball fed to them and have better stats...usually can make a QBs job easier. No one is saying he is elite...but Woods is very very good. 

Steady numbers? He never broke 800 yards/6TD until his 2nd season with the Rams.
YAC had nothing to do with scheme? Is that why his YAC per Reception over doubled as soon as he joined the Rams?
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving/2016/all

Can't find YAC for years preceding 2016 because the greedy fucking NFL has taken every avenue to hide any stats they can so people can be forced to pay for stats on PFF and so their commentators and announcers sound like they have superior knowledge to the public. Artificial way of elevating them above us so we clamor to provide viewership.

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

Your boy James Connor says hello lol.

He sucks. Way overrated.

• Upvote 1

You are trying to confirm an absence of talent because of lower stats and I would say that is a false narrative, incomplete at best. Putting up better numbers with a better supporting cast is not that shocking. It isn't mutually exclusive and it isn't 0 or 100. He can have skill and also be better with talent around him. Like every other player in the NFL.

And no...YAC ability has nothing to do with scheme. A scheme doesn't break tackles or run for a player. 

Edited by butta54

2 hours ago, butta54 said:

You are trying to confirm an absence of talent because of lower stats and I would say that is a false narrative, incomplete at best. Putting up better numbers with a better supporting cast is not that shocking. It isn't mutually exclusive and it isn't 0 or 100. He can have skill and also be better with talent around him. Like every other player in the NFL.

And no...YAC ability has nothing to do with scheme. A scheme doesn't break tackles or run for a player. 

Since the beginning I have been stating that the scheme leads to wide-open passes. For everyone involved on the Rams/Chiefs/Pats. If nobody is within 5 yards of you when you catch it because your coaches are drawing up situations to get you there, you're going to have an inflated YAC.

"You are trying to confirm an abundance of talent because of higher stats, and I would say that is a false narrative, incomplete at best."

Middling players can do well in a great system. Great players can do well in a poor system. Woods has shown the former, but not the latter. 5 years of doing nothing in Buffalo says a lot more about him than one good season with the Rams. Brandon Lloyd lead the league in receiving one year.